Why become a member? ×

Jools tonight

nottswarwick

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1317159030' post='1387586']
I enjoyed everyone tonight

Norman Watt Roy sounded ace.
[/quote]

Agreed. Laying down some solid throbs for Wilco Johnson to move over

[quote]"like a clockwork [color=#000000]mouse on rails[/color], rattling back and forth"[/quote] :)

As David Hepworth famously described him as looking like. :)

Edited by daz

[quote name='squire5' timestamp='1317483935' post='1391198']
What make was Normans bass?I know he's been playing it for years,but it's not a Fender.I could listen to (and watch) him all night.
[/quote]

I believe it' s his own sig model from the Bass Collection (??) or some such. I was interested to note he was using GK stuff and not Trace. Looking forward to seeing him in Falmouth next Friday.

[quote name='Huwberry' timestamp='1317208459' post='1388033']The laid back hip hop was Wretch 32. Slightly different arrangement for that tune than when they normally perform it I think. I know one of the drummers *CLANG! NAME DROP*[/quote]
Yep and I wonder how many haters of electronic drum kits even noticed as they were Jobekys? They are made near me.

[quote name='Deep Thought' timestamp='1317507177' post='1391474']

I believe it' s his own sig model from the Bass Collection (??) or some such. I was interested to note he was using GK stuff and not Trace. Looking forward to seeing him in Falmouth next Friday.
[/quote]
Oh right.The headstock seemed an odd shape,thats why I asked.I remember see him a couple of years ago with Wilco and he was using a very battered T.E. 4x10 combo which seemed to be giving him problems.The set was delayed by about 5 minutes while he messed about with it.But he got it going and then played a blinding set.

[quote name='squire5' timestamp='1317549052' post='1391634']
Oh right.The headstock seemed an odd shape,thats why I asked.I remember see him a couple of years ago with Wilco and he was using a very battered T.E. 4x10 combo which seemed to be giving him problems.The set was delayed by about 5 minutes while he messed about with it.But he got it going and then played a blinding set.
[/quote]

It's a sort of copy of his 1962 Fender jazz which Norman stopped using live, Andy baxter has the 62 for sale at the moment.