Why become a member? ×

USA Zon Sonus 4 string - SOLD

retroman

Reluctantly offered for sale, or for trade, USA Zon Sonus Custom Special 4 string, with carbon composite neck, Bartolini Jazz style pick ups, and Zon Polyfusion pre amp. The bass has a swamp ash body, bubinga top, finished in high gloss lacquer. The bass comes with genuine Zon hard case.

In excellent condition, minmal fret wear. One very minor scratch on rear of body (have to look very hard for it), one tiny ding behind bridge, and small marks around the sealing caps on the machine heads, as the screws required tightening inside, that hold the main gears to the shafts. All fixed, and no problems.

The controls on the bass are stacked bass/ treble, master volume, pan, and mid, which has a push pull pot to add further variety to the mid range setting.

Currently strung with heavy DR DDT's, and tuned C standard, but I do appreciate this will not be to everyones liking, and am willing to fit new strings, and set the bass up prior to sale.

Price- £1300 firm.

Bass is located in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, close to Jn 29 of the M1.

You're more than welcome to pop round for a brew, and spend as long as you like trying the bass out. Would be very reluctant to post, and would definately prefer not to post outside of the UK.

Trade wise, the following float my boat...Alembic 4/5 string, Rickenbackers, old Gibsons, 70's Fender Jazz. Cash either way to make up any difference in value considered. Wouldn't want a Stingray, or a Warwick. Not that there is anything wrong with them, just don't get on with them.

Edited by retroman

Why thank you sir :)

Still open to trade offers, one of the following would get me very tempted;

Alembic 4 or 5 string, Elan, Europa, etc
Rickenbacker 4001/ 4003 especially in mapleglo or fireglo. Fancy something different to go with my Jetglo 4001.
Fender Jazz. Would love a 70's jazz with rosewood and blocks. would consider 75 reissue, custom shop, or one of the new 4 or 5 string deluxe models.
Gibson. Thunderbird, Grabber, Ripper, RD Artist.

Might also consider one of the "super Jazzes" such as Sadowsky, etc, either four or five string.

Any bass offered for trade must be in nice condition, and preferably with case. Not really into the relic thing :)

Based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, about 10 minutes from Jn 29 of the M1

As far as I am aware, there are two previous owners, and the bass spent it's life in and around Scotland until I bought it, maybe Warwickhunt once owned it? dunno :)

Edited by retroman

• 2 weeks later...