Why become a member? ×

FS - Ibanez SR505M - Withdrawn

Evil Undead

Ibanez SR505M (mahogany/maple)

I was very tempted to keep this as its such a great bass, but I've got too many really and need to move it on.

I've had it from new and for a very short time and it's a really great bass - slim neck with maple fretboard, active with a 3 band EQ, Bartolini MK1 pickups, 24 frets, and the most awesome thing is, it weighs 7.3 lbs! Super light. Strung with Elixirs.

The strap buttons seem very slightly loose - they seem perfectly secure but the screws don't reach a point where they stop turning. If I was keeping this bass I'd probably glue them in or replace the screws with wider ones, but whoever buys this will probably want to swap them as they're quite large (too big to fit the plastic Dunlop strap locks over).

Paid £550 brand new so sale value would be somewhere around [s]£500 mark[/s]. [b][size=5][color=#ff0000]PRICE DROP £400!!![/color][/size][/b]. Collection from Gloucester preferred.

Just to clarify, I know the rosewood fretboard version can be found online for around £470 but this is the maple fretboard version which I haven't been able to find online for less than £525.

Edited by Evil Undead

Thanks mate.

looks a nice bass - i'm looking for a cheap 5'er to experiment with so this may fit the bill. All the hardware etc ok? I'm a zingy string man - will it need restringing/setting up?

Is the bass active?

Cheers

Graeme

Edited by fender73

Just like to add that the Schecter was mine until a couple of weeks ago, and is a very nice bass for the money. The ding is nothing much, and apart from that it is in really good nick. It plays really nice and would be a great buy for anyone looking for their first fiver, or a cheap back up bass. I can also say that Mel is a great person to deal with.

Hi Ms Undead,
Unless you've already promised the Schecter Stiletto Deluxe to another, I'd like to buy from you.
I'm ok with the £150 posted - how will you be packing/sending the bass?
Unfortunately I'm too far away to collect in person
More importantly though, how can I get you the money - do you do PayPal?
Please let me know how you would like to do the deal.
Best regards,
Andy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...