Why become a member? ×

Auction including loads of basses, Middlesbrough - 13th June

pete.young

Quick heads up for our Middlesbrough members and anyone else who can get to the north-east tomorrow.

Lithgows Auctions [url="http://www.lithgowsauctions.com/Lithgow.htm"]http://www.lithgowsauctions.com/Lithgow.htm[/url] have a liquidation sale tomorrow , Weds June 13th
including loads of Fender and Yamaha basses, Korg DT10s, a Hartke cab and various other interesting stuff.

According to the website it's on behalf of the liquidators acting for piedog.com , who went bottomsup.com a few months
ago apparently.

[quote name='pete.young' post='16151' date='Jun 12 2007, 12:14 PM']According to the website it's on behalf of the liquidators acting for piedog.com , who went bottomsup.com a few months
ago apparently.[/quote]

Really? That's a shame. Hope people can get a bargain. Can you bid online by any chance?

If I had known earlier I would have a day off from the day job and driven up there. I could have even taken her indoors to the seaside in the same trip. Theye even had some base guitars - if they can't spell does that mean they don't know how much they should be asking??

I might call them tomorrow and see if there is anything left

I was toying with the idea of going, but the only thing that really interested me was a Boss RC50 and I don't really 'need' one at the moment.

I can't say I'm upset to see piedog go: a few months ago I wanted a Hercules stand they had a good deal at £20. Their unit was 50ft off my route to work, so I asked if I could pick it up and save the £9 postage but they said no due to insurance reasons not allowing customers on site. I said ok, how about we meet off site or I send a courier to pick it up or anything ... but they said no, I'd have to pay the £9 no matter what so I left it and bought one totalling £21 from a different place. I'm not surprised they weren't profitable!

Edited by Alpha-Dave

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='17226' date='Jun 13 2007, 09:40 PM']I considered going for that, but then read the specs and 99lbs in not somthing I need to own![/quote]

What the hell, what's a few pounds between friends (Jeez, that's heavier than me Trace 2x10 combo) time to get a trolley methinks