Why become a member? ×

Warwick experts.... tell me a bit about this one.

Jesso

Interesting. This one is bolt on, I've heard that the NT basses are less prone to neck dive. It's not that bad really, most people wouldn't probably even notice it.... Its not as if you have to hold the neck up with your left hand or anything. It's just that there is more weight than I am used to in the neck, which puts as much pressure on my left shoulder as a heavier (for instance) fender would typically... Which unfortunately aggravates my dodgy shoulder, especially over the course of 2 or 3 gigs in a row.

I agree on the neck dive. I've never had that problem on any Streamer. Streamers are very good ergonomically. Strange one that Jesso. Have you tried adjusting the strap length?

The Streamer LX is a superb bass. Mine was light in weight, fantastic looking and the sound was just perfect.

I lost a fair bit of money on mine when I sold it. Apart from money, the other reason I sold it was that I was far too precious about damaging it on a gig and it took the pleasure of owning it and playing it away from me. So I passed it on with genuine regret.

Frank.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1316988686' post='1385303']
Maybe you need a bit more weight on the body or lighter tuners... or a NT! Just so happens I'm selling two so start saving your pennies. :)
[/quote]

the red one and..... ?
or a different two?

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1316991098' post='1385319']

the red one and..... ?
or a different two?
[/quote]
'Red' and a Ltd Ed Streamer
[quote name='Jesso' timestamp='1317021166' post='1385430']
Warwick hunt.... I had a quick look but I can't find your for sale threads!
[/quote]
Nothing put up yet as I want to have some decent pics and I'm undecided as to whether to just put them on ebay... I've advertised Warwick basses on here in the past and unfortunately there is more love for Warwick in the wider world (i.e. I sold 2 Warwicks a couple of months ago and got £500 MORE on ebay than I had them advertised on here!).

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1317022996' post='1385444']
'Red' and a Ltd Ed Streamer

Nothing put up yet as I want to have some decent pics and I'm undecided as to whether to just put them on ebay... I've advertised Warwick basses on here in the past and unfortunately there is more love for Warwick in the wider world (i.e. I sold 2 Warwicks a couple of months ago and got £500 MORE on ebay than I had them advertised on here!).
[/quote]

Yeah Warwicks seem to be going very cheap around here.... I can totally understand putting them up on ebay. Although I suppose putting them up here is no harm if you know what your bottom liine is.
What's the pickup config / colour of the streamer?

[quote name='Jesso' timestamp='1317026396' post='1385482']
What's the pickup config / colour of the streamer?
[/quote]
'Red' is... red and has the MEC PJ config
The Ltd Ed is natural (birds eye maple) and has Bartolini Soap Bars
[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1317027555' post='1385496']
stick em up at the price you'ld get on ebay. if people want them great. otherwise ebay they go. daft putting them up for less, it just deflates all the prices including the ones on ebay in the long term.
You have very nice warwicks from good eras.
[/quote]
I had typed up (and subsequently deleted) lots of pros and cons for BC v ebay but I suppose ultimately I should just pick a price and then fcuk those people who will unfortunately point out that someone heard of someone buying one for £400... ooops that happened on this thread; you get the point! :)

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1317036858' post='1385674']
'Red' is... red and has the MEC PJ config
The Ltd Ed is natural (birds eye maple) and has Bartolini Soap Bars

I had typed up (and subsequently deleted) lots of pros and cons for BC v ebay but I suppose ultimately I should just pick a price and then fcuk those people who will unfortunately point out that someone heard of someone buying one for £400... ooops that happened on this thread; you get the point! :)
[/quote]

i think so, otherwise prices are kept artificially low. It's like if you paid £1000 in 1989 for it would you sell it for £400 now- well you could - but if you don't the buyers option is to shell out £3000 for a new one. SO price what you want and see what happens.
I also find it odd there is little price differentiation between a 2008 thumb bass second hand and a 1988 thumb bass second hand. If it were fender the prices shoot up every decade - regardless on the persieved quality.

I'm going to gig this bass again at the weekend.... I've adjusted the strap height, so hopefully I can get to grips with the weight / shoulder issue. Tried the bass again in rehearsal and it really sounds amazing.
Just wondering, does this one have the famous wenge neck that people rave about? Can you tell just from the photos?

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1317204778' post='1387921']
I hate wenge fingerboards, I like Warwicks with ebony boards and ovangkol necks.

Wenge has to be one of the ugliest woods about. It is also very hard to work with, and the dust is pretty dodgy too.
[/quote]

So what do you reckon the Streamer at the top of this thread is made of?