Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Copenhagen

Dr.Gonzo

Hello everyone,

Been playing for +10 years, and off course I’ve grown to be a regular visitor of basschat and talkbass. Thanks for putting all your knowledge out there, it really solves problems and gives lots of inspiration!

I started out on a MIM Fender Jazz and since then I’ve used mainly Fender Jazz and Musicman Stingray basses. By now, I play a ’66 Fender Jazz Bass and have a ’93 Musicman Stingray - not parting with those two. Amp is a Mesa Boogie 400+ and I use 2x(4x10” Mesa Boogie Diesel Cab’s). My main inspiration was RHCP, I then moved along to motown, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin etc.

I’m in a powertrio, playing our own material of groovy psychedelic rock, inspired by the catalogue of late 60’s and early 70’s rock and psychedelic. We have a great time doing it, and we do it a lot.

Finally: I’m looking for a Wal Pro IIE, natural/sunburst/translucent coloured finish, gigable, preferably serviced recently. We will be writing new material and record our first album during 2012, and I’d love to have a Wal by my side in that process. No trades but £[b], [/b]€...

All the best
Niels, aka Dr.Gonzo
(Proud member of Wal Bass Naturally, but still without the Wal).

[attachment=89659:RHK_easter2011.jpg]

Thanks. Yeah, Copenhagen really comes alive during summer, it's such a sweet spot :) . Swimming in the harbour, barbequing, drinking cold beers and goint out in the bright summer nights, it's all great. And the music scene is pretty good also, there are lots good bands out there. And anyone coming around during the Distortion street festival get's blown away, you should come back :) !

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha, Dave, that is true. Always been on a budget myself and drinking in clubs keeps either gets you sober or your credit card glowing :). But there are some ways around it. Start out by getting your basic supplies at a supermarket (Lidl sells cheap German beer of decent quality), warm up before you go out, always take a traveller, and never be shy about dropping by a kiosk and resupply when you are moving from one place to the other. Besides, if you go some place brown (a pub), they'll sell beer at managble prices too. And some more advertisement for Copenhagen, while we are at it :) , check out [url="http://cphdistortion.dk/"]Distortion[/url], it's five days of unbelievable fun.

[quote name='Dr.Gonzo' timestamp='1317170954' post='1387705']
Ha ha, Dave, that is true. Always been on a budget myself and drinking in clubs keeps either gets you sober or your credit card glowing :). But there are some ways around it. Start out by getting your basic supplies at a supermarket (Lidl sells cheap German beer of decent quality), warm up before you go out, always take a traveller, and never be shy about dropping by a kiosk and resupply when you are moving from one place to the other. Besides, if you go some place brown (a pub), they'll sell beer at managble prices too. And some more advertisement for Copenhagen, while we are at it :) , check out [url="http://cphdistortion.dk/"]Distortion[/url], it's five days of unbelievable fun.
[/quote]
I had a day in Malmo and that was even more expensive.