Why become a member? ×

1989 Warwick Thumb NT. 4 String fretted.

phsycoandy

I'm selling some basses on behalf of a friend who is thinning his heard.

A January 1989 Warwick Neck Through 4 string fretted Thumb bass. This is an early one with the serial number ( A 1693 89) on the top edge of the head and the carved rear to the head stock.

In mint condition with not a mark or any wear on her. Beautiful finish with fantastic grain to the top.

Volume (Passive/Active pull)
Pickup pan
Stacked bass?treble active EQ.
EMG Pickups.

Comes with original leather carry gig bag.

£1650 plus insured shipping. WILL TAKE OFFERS ON THIS.

Edited by phsycoandy

Lovely piece of timber. It must be one of the last Thumbs to have the carved rear headstock as I've tended to note that as the 2 piece bridge came in the carving went out (I've owned couple 89s that didn't have the carving and iirc an 88 that didn't, so I assume this may have sat in storage).

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1375798' date='Sep 16 2011, 06:04 PM']Lovely piece of timber. It must be one of the last Thumbs to have the carved rear headstock as I've tended to note that as the 2 piece bridge came in the carving went out (I've owned couple 89s that didn't have the carving and iirc an 88 that didn't, so I assume this may have sat in storage).[/quote]
Yup the carved rear headstock finished in 1988 so this must have been one of the last to be made, it is a beautiful bass and totally unmarked, not even thumb rest prints :) The grain looks like a pool of water and ripples, stunning.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1316379596' post='1377358']

I was referring to the truss rod cover? Is that correct? I don't believe I've seen that font before?
[/quote]
As far as i know it's original perhaps some Warwick experts could chime in!

• 2 weeks later...