Why become a member? ×

Ampeg 810e 8x10 SOLD

ashevans09

SOLD

Just wondering if there's any interest?

What to say about it? It's THE ampeg fridge, THE sound that so many love. Amazing bit of kit but now is completely unnecessary for my needs.

Sounds amazing, as with most 810s the tolex is a bit scruffy but I think it looks cooler. If it's in a flightcase you won't see it. I'll get photos up tomorrow night.

Unfortunately this has to be collected, it's in my band space in Faringdon, which is near to Swindon.

I bought it new maybe 18? Months ago. Don't know going rate of these but shall we say £500? There's on on eBay with a buy it now price of £700 ATM.

PM me or post here for more info etc more photos will be coming :)

Edited by ashevans09

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1316715031' post='1381919']
If it weren't for 4 flights of stairs and doubting I could get it into the focus I would be ALL over this!
[/quote]

I managed to get this into an old almera which I think is the same size. Also heard reports of getting one in a clio too but no idea how! Though fair shout about the four flights of stairs. I live in a roof room now and getting my matamp 4x10 up there was an effort!

Oh and bump! Help me get some money together for an ISA!

[quote name='Bankai' timestamp='1317138657' post='1387255']
Those pictures you promised? :)
[/quote]

Oh jebus! I forgot! Just finding some now. It's actually about 2 and a half hours down the road from me at the moment in my bandspace but I'll put up what I have and get someone in swindon to take some photos :)

I had an Ampeg 810 once, I bought an Astra Estate to get it (with flightcase) into. It was about 1.5 inches too narrow... epic fail. Had to leave the flightcase at home every time I took it out. You only make that kind of mistake once...

[quote name='nomis' timestamp='1317479641' post='1391152']
i have an 810 and i used to own a clio and it used to fit into that
[/quote]

Ah! Was it you who mentioned that quite a while ago? Incredible stuff, did you have to take a seat out or something?

Anyhow, again, help me save towards a future house deposit (woop woop!) :)

Ash

[quote name='krth1985' timestamp='1318434968' post='1402128']
Crank that up to 10 and it would probably blow me over! Loud as f*** rig bump :)
[/quote]
[quote name='Matte_black' timestamp='1318510388' post='1403091']
I have a new Ford Ka (smaaaaaallest) and I carry my Henry 8x8" without efforts. Any decent car out there can contain the beast :)
Have a bump! And... great amp you have there! :)
[/quote]

Cheers guys :o it is insanely loud! Insanely loud through my 410 as well. Great bit of kit :o . This looks like it's heading to Birmingham unless anyone dives in! :lol:

Thanks,

Ash