Why become a member? ×

Squier Classic Vibe Basses

acidbass

Hi guys,

The time has come to make a few minor adjustments to the saddle height on my Squier CV Jazz Bass - however I don't have the correct allen key and will have to order one.

Does anyone know what size key (metric or imperial) fits the saddle adjustment on the Classic Vibe Hi-Mass bridge? I have sent an email to Squier but can't imagine they'll reply in a hurry, so thought someone on here might have the answer.

Many thanks in advance,

Danny

It'll definitely be metric. Just pop into your local DIY and pick up a set for a few quid, and then you'll have one for your truss rod too, and flat pack furniture, and anything else you might need a hex key for!

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='acidbass' timestamp='1316103963' post='1374679']
Hi guys,

The time has come to make a few minor adjustments to the saddle height on my Squier CV Jazz Bass - however I don't have the correct allen key and will have to order one.

Does anyone know what size key (metric or imperial) fits the saddle adjustment on the Classic Vibe Hi-Mass bridge? I have sent an email to Squier but can't imagine they'll reply in a hurry, so thought someone on here might have the answer.

Many thanks in advance,

Danny
[/quote]

Did you get hold of one? If not you can borrow one of mine. I have two CV's but neither have the HM bridge on them any more so i dont really need the Allen keys unless i sell the bridges.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316429608' post='1377825']

Did you get hold of one? If not you can borrow one of mine. I have two CV's but neither have the HM bridge on them any more so i dont really need the Allen keys unless i sell the bridges.
[/quote]

Dave what have you done with the hm bridges, don't you like them? I found them to be one of the best bits about these basses?

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316429608' post='1377825']

[/quote]

Another question for you, sorry, what bridge did you replace it with, did you have to plug/re-drill, how easy was it to fit? I realise the screw holes aren't standard distance to each other.

I like the hi-mass bridge (looks/sound) but prefer standard string spacing as my other basses are 19mm. Thanks.

@Cygnus x-1. I replaced them with a Gotoh 201 on the P and a Fender vintage on the Jazz.
I started off with getting the Gallery to install the Vintage on the P as i too had heard that the holes were non standard. The reason for changing the bridges was i too dont like 20mm string spacing. 18mm is ideal but 19mm i can live with. The bass felt a bit nicer to play once i had the new bridge on but I do like HM bridges, and a Gotoh came up for sale on here shortly after i got the bass back. Knowing i now had standard hole spacing the Gotoh went on without any problems.

A few months ago i thought i would take the Jazz bridge off and see if it was possible to line the holes up. To my surprise the Fender bridge went on without any problems as well.
Thinking back to when i put the Gotoh on the P i remember thinking what a great job the Galley had done filling and re drilling the new holes, now i realise they didnt need to drill at all.

@Fran. It was just the string spacing i didnt get on with. No problems with the bridge as such. Ive kept the bridges in case i sell the basses as i would prefer to keep the Gotoh (depending on what bass i get of course) and like you say, the HM bridges are a good selling point so someone might not want the Fender bridge.

Edited by dave_bass5