Why become a member? ×

If I had £1500 spare........

stingrayPete1977

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-Ernie-Ball-Musicman-Stingray-Bass-Guitar-/180720645515?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a13ca358b"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-Ernie-Ball-M...=item2a13ca358b[/url]

Looks like a bargain if no one else gets in at the last minute, Radio knobs and serial number look good to me (1977 :) ) although some extra pics would be needed before bidding.

Anyone fancy it?

It looks a steal for £1500 Sibob although I think he has realised that it may be worth more maybe from other people messaging him, then again if its on behalf of someone else he might not care so much as long as the seller gets his £1500 that I presume they agreed on as a start price? I can see V&R hanging that up for well over 2K there was even a teardrop case in the FS section on here a few weeks ago for £50 to put it in! :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1369835' date='Sep 11 2011, 08:43 PM']Can you get an ACG for £1500?[/quote]

To be fair, I'm not sure. In the past, yes I believe you could. I've specced up a bass which pulls out all the stops in terms of fine materials and crafting techniques and it was quoted to me at £1800 a few months ago. Sadly, real life got in the way and I had to spend the money elsewhere. I still think about that bass and I expect next year I'll sell something and make the dream a reality!

You can technically get an ACG for much less than £1500 if you look at the superb Graft series. They are 'no frills' instruments in terms of spec but they are beautifully made and play very well (and I assume they sound fantastic). Yes, I think I'll get a new ACG next year as my ACG is by far my favourite bass. I still want a Stingray in the meantime too...

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1369848' date='Sep 11 2011, 08:49 PM']I didnt think you liked Rays?[/quote]

Oh I do, I love the sound of them. I couldn't have one as my only bass but what they do, they do very well. No fuss, just funky sound on tap. It's not a sound I'd want every day but it's a damn good sound at that. I think I need to own one just to tick it off the list! :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1369835' date='Sep 11 2011, 08:43 PM']I just looked at the bid count and the winner bagged it from the first bidder with a few seconds left, Ouch!

Can you get an ACG for £1500?[/quote]

HI
You can certainly get an ACG for £1500.00,honest.

Cheers
Alan