Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb 5 '91 NT - SOLD

joe_bass

[quote name='joe_bass' post='1367563' date='Sep 9 2011, 12:54 PM']I've heard people say 96-99 mainly. 92 would be an earlier date to throw in to the mix!

Maybe a Warwick buff could chime in??[/quote]

If he doesn't turn up PM warwickhunt....

really nice.

i was told - when hunting for mine circa 1992 - best ones were pre 1996/97.

I wouldn't trade my 1991 NT 5 Thumb for anything - my 1988 defretted NT4 has EMGs and it's hotter than the 5 string but the 5 is still THE one.

I'd love another NT5 string from 1990/91/92.

dont do it!!!

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1367639' date='Sep 9 2011, 01:56 PM']If he doesn't turn up PM warwickhunt....[/quote]

It was indeed mid 90's when Warwick changed factory location BUT Warwick necks have been subtly different across the ranges and over the years any way! For instance; there's no guarantee that an 89 will be any slimmer than a 91, though I tried a 93 (pre factory move) that was chunkier than my 90. However, saying all of that, the very earliest basses were categorically slimmer (82-86/87 though post 86/87 pre 95/96 basses are not generally big necks) BUT I'm not so sure that the 5 strings were as different in profile as the 4's!

I'd certainly say try before you buy if you are thinking of trading and adding cash.

[quote name='MikeBass' post='1367844' date='Sep 9 2011, 04:46 PM']really nice..... dont do it!!![/quote]

Cheers mate. I wouldn't trade this on a whim! & only for another 'wick that I feel would be as good.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1367862' date='Sep 9 2011, 04:54 PM']It was indeed mid 90's when Warwick changed factory location...[/quote]

Thanks for that WH. So in a nutshell based on what I'm after I'd be wanting to look at mid 90's or earlier, but would be best to try first.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='joe_bass' timestamp='1319801821' post='1418732']
PS. Can anyone tell me how to change the title? Haven't been able to work it out since the site overhaul.
[/quote]

Edit the original post, then when you are in the editor choose the 'full edit' option at the bottom of the post.

Edited by Bigwan