Why become a member? ×

A funny faker Precision MIJ 80's E type.....not!

Raslee

I picked up this fake P-bass off a guy on evilbay. It was advertised as generally 'believed to be fake but unsure' and in no way did the seller try to palm me off. I therefore got it quite cheap which suited my needs. He claimed to have picked the bass up elsewhere in a house auction or something similar to that. Anyhow it arrived today, plays alright needs setting up etc, electronics are cheap crap..not CTS pots and cheap pick ups. But what is interesting is the length some people will goto to make a replica - removing the neck revealed a laugh...i do wonder if this bass has had a fraudulent history before this last seller :) .

Check the serial number font and no ® at the end of the Precision bass bit :lol:

Hmmm stamped serial me thinks :P

Wishful thinking

How the hell do you get to the 'allen key' not 'x' head truss rod?

Should make for a half decent project bass though evetually :D
More pics [url="https://picasaweb.google.com/118380618731756986255/Precision?authuser=0&feat=directlink"]HERE[/url] :)

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='Rasta' post='1364445' date='Sep 6 2011, 07:11 PM']Does anyone know if all Japanese precision necks has PB stamped on them????[/quote]
The ones made by Paddington Bear certainly did as he was always proud of his handiwork when he was sent to Fender Japan on work experience. The marmalade did tend to stain the lacquer though.