Why become a member? ×

Don't suppose anyone can help me get an acoustic bass from Nottingham to Canterbury?

Beedster

Having just bought my old and rare Ovation Bass back from the guy who Bob (Burpster) sold it to, I'd rather not consign it to Parcelforce or the like. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful as I can't get up there for a while.

Cheers

C

Edited by Beedster

Probably no help at all, but I'm on my regular Swansea <-> Cambridge run next weekend. If someone (student?) can get it down to Cambridge, I can take down to M25

Though being something of an Ovation-head, I probably wouldn't want to let it go...... :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1360378' date='Sep 2 2011, 08:40 PM']Having just bought my old and rare Ovation Bass back from the guy who Bob (Burpster) sold it to, I'd rather not consign it to Parcelforce or the like. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful as I can't get up there for a while.

Cheers

C[/quote]

What about a Basschater's relay?
I'm prepared to pick it up from Nottingham and drive on for an hour or so.
If there's anyone who could then take it all the way or the next leg we could get it to you that way.
We could get a good thing started here boys (and girls).

The real b***er is that I drove down to the Kent Weald a couple of weeks ago!

Hey guys, many many thanks for the replies above. I've just spoken to the seller and he's going to be away for two weeks so I may either have to put this on ice for a while or use a courier. I'll get back in touch if anything changes, but in the meantime, thanks again for the replies and PMs.

Greg, this'll be the first of your trips to Cambridge for a while at which we haven't met up :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1362668' date='Sep 5 2011, 10:36 AM']Hey guys, many many thanks for the replies above. I've just spoken to the seller and he's going to be away for two weeks so I may either have to put this on ice for a while or use a courier. I'll get back in touch if anything changes, but in the meantime, thanks again for the replies and PMs.

Greg, this'll be the first of your trips to Cambridge for a while at which we haven't met up :)[/quote]

If you need a place for it to rest a few hours/days/weeks in Cambridge, my house is your house.

[quote name='Beedster' post='1362668' date='Sep 5 2011, 10:36 AM']Greg, this'll be the first of your trips to Cambridge for a while at which we haven't met up :lol:[/quote]

True, I was racking my brains to think of a trade of mutual benefit, but couldn't come up with anything........maybe we're approaching Nirvana (ie; a GAS-free state of being :) )

[quote name='bremen' post='1362671' date='Sep 5 2011, 10:42 AM']If you need a place for it to rest a few hours/days/weeks in Cambridge, my house is your house.[/quote]

Catch the Cherry Hinton folk festival bremen? Earliest musical exposure was opening my bedroom window at night in the '70's when the festival (quarter of a mile away) was on......Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Ralph McTell, Chieftans.......... :)

• 1 month later...