Why become a member? ×

TC Eletronic 2x10 or 2x12?

jezzaboy

I might be gettin a new cab tomorrow and fancy one of the TC BC cabs but 2x10 or 2x12? Whats the differance in sound between the 10 and 12, if any? I had a 2x10 combo but only gigged it a few times and have always used a 1x15.

Are the cabs any good? They weigh 20kg which is ideal for me as I stay one floor up and TC`s more expensive gear gets a good right up.

Or how about using 2- 15inch cabs, 1 an Ashdown and the other a SWR, although they both have Eminence speakers.

Jez

My advise would be not to buy down to a price, but look at some quality second hand gear on here, G&K Neos would be a better quality buy and more efficient. check the recent issues with TC cabs as they are nearer 10 ohms than 8 which means less power from a non TC amp. like ya ashdown. Trial it if poss.

good luck

I had a TC 210 and a TC 212, loved the 212, hated the 210. I gig with a 1 x 15" though, so there may be a clue to why I prefer the 212 in there somewhere! I still have the 212 (but will be selling it soon to finance a new "super" cab), but thats not because I dont like it. I have a TC 112 as well, which I adore for practice/home/acoustic gig use. I found the 210 very mid prominent, probably brilliant for slappers, but I dont do that.

Bob

I would try the RS cabs, not the lower priced ones. Personally, I really like the RS210 and RS212. I ignored the specs and used my ears, and yes, they are fairly light and easy to move.

I wouldnt worry about the supposed impedance, as most cabs aren't exact.

KJung on Youtube has demos of the LM2/F500 with the RS210 cabinet, and also states that the cab holds up VERY well against even the high end expensive market.

Sometimes, the internet makes it even harder to find what you want. Why? Because every now and then, trends hit, and people jump on bandwagons. The TC amps/cabs are excellent, I wouldnt worry about magazine tests, use your own ears. That's the best way to see what YOU want.

I would agree with MM20, and say that if you want TC cabs, look at the RS range. I have tried both the RS and BC cabs, and found the RS to be much nicer, (although personally I still probably wouldn't have them myself, as they don't give me the right sound).

If you are looking for something lightweight, I would recommend trying out the Hartke hydrive cabs.

I would also try and avoid using 2 1x15's as you will most likely get a very wooly sound (especially if one of those is an ashdown :)). I find a 410 with a 115 to be a very nice combination :)

[quote name='jackers' post='1361004' date='Sep 3 2011, 03:09 PM']I would agree with MM20, and say that if you want TC cabs, look at the RS range. I have tried both the RS and BC cabs, and found the RS to be much nicer, (although personally I still probably wouldn't have them myself, as they don't give me the right sound).

If you are looking for something lightweight, I would recommend trying out the Hartke hydrive cabs.

I would also try and avoid using 2 1x15's as you will most likely get a very wooly sound (especially if one of those is an ashdown :)). I find a 410 with a 115 to be a very nice combination :lol:[/quote]

I would buy my lovely TC RS210 (in the amps for sale section) - save yourself over £150 and that will really put a sile on your face :)