Why become a member? ×

Acme B2 (v2) 2x10 'HiFi' bass cabinet

Dood

It's all change in gear land .. But not big rig stuff, just changing out some of my teaching and workshop gear.

I bought my Acme B2 from 'Soliloquy' who imported the cabinet brand new, owned it about 3 months and as I understand it, wanted two B1's instead, so sold it in it's brand new state to me.

I'll post some pictures of my B2. I haven't used it for gigs as I always use my Hartke rig, but I have taken the cab to the odd rehearsal (quiet sessions) and has been used at home for teaching.

Have a look at www.acmebass.com for full details. This example is the version 2 in 8 ohms with carpet covering.

There's the odd mark and small scuff on the outer plastic work, but absolutely does not affect sound or operation.

I am asking £350 plus shipping (or pickup) which is a marked saving on the cost of importing/taxes/duties/shipping from US.

Did I really only buy the thing in January? Lol! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=119618&hl=Soliloquy"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=Soliloquy[/url]

Hmmm, maybe I should keep it a bit longer!

Yup ok! Sorry, I've been workin away today and am currently reimaging my laptop hard drive. I can in the meantime email some pics over before I upload to the thread. I'll do my best to show any marks etc.

[attachment=88583:2011_09_...17.36.20.jpg]

Pic of the sum total of any damage, other than the odd litle scuffs to be expected on the 'feet' where the cab has say down on hard surfaces at workshops etc.

[attachment=88585:2011_09_...18.42.52.jpg]

[attachment=88582:2011_09_...17.35.45.jpg]

Sorry the pics are on their side!

[quote name='bigjohn' post='1363403' date='Sep 5 2011, 08:36 PM']I miss my Low B2s.

What's different in the series 2?[/quote]

I believe one of the main improvements was to use 'self resetting fuses' for the midrange and tweeters instead of the 'light bulbs' that had to be replaced every time they blew. Not a nice job having to unscrew the grill, then remove a speaker, then get to the crossover..etc etc.. I believe the rest were cosmetic upgrades and making the total weight less too. I'd have to go take a look at the information on the website again for anything else!

oh wait - I just thought of something! - The banana sockets and 1/4" jack sockets have been replaced with a pair of the far stronger Speakon (+ 1/4") combo sockets.

These are great cabs - I currently have 2 of them and 2 B1's so I won't be buying this one :)
I've gigged the 4ohm B2 on its own a few times now (with my Mark Bass F500) and never had a problem getting enough volume (even with no PA support), despite their reputation for having relatively low sensitivity.

Thanks Gwilym! Yes, I have a MarkBass F1 as well as the Hartke LH1000 and they both sound great with the Acme cab extended bottom end. I'm selling the Acme as I am funding a Bass combo and a Guitar combo for my teaching. I'd keep the cab if I had both the space and the spare cash!