Why become a member? ×

Detuning a headless bass E string from E to D

Delberthot

I've got my heart set on a headless bass, most likely something cheap like a Washburn or a Hohner Jack.

There's one song in particular that requires the E to go down to D. Normally that's just a turn of the tuner and I'm good to go but having never ever had my hands on a headless bass before, how quickly can that be done on a headless?

Ideally I would like one with one of those detuning bridge thingies with the lever but in case I can't get one i thought I'd ask the question

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1358512' date='Sep 1 2011, 10:14 AM']I used to have a Hohner B2A headless that had a drop-D lever on the bridge. Maybe look into that?

Edit: Like this: [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hohner-Steinberger-Headless-Guitar-Travel/dp/B000XT78XK"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hohner-Steinberger...l/dp/B000XT78XK[/url][/quote]

I'd looked at them before but I'm a big guy and it would look like I was playing with a twig and I'd really like a full body headless.

The drop D lever would come in handy but the one I really have my eye on, the Washburn Status, doesn;t seem to have come with this as an option.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess if I'd had a shot of one before then I'd already know how to tune it but I don't know anyone who has one so haven't been able to check before.