Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

*SOLD* Lakland Skyline Joe Osborne 5 String

TimmyC

This was first venture in 5 strings and to be honest I don't think its for me. My loss is your gain. This is an amazing bass in awesome condition it has never been outside the home therefore is absolutely mint. I can't find a ding or scratch on it anywhere. It's just been treated to a setup with a new set of Elixirs and I'll also throw in a set of Joe Osborne flats. Also comes with hard case!

I'm looking for £580 ono + delivery (approx. £15)

Paypal, cheque or cash is fine. I'm based in B'Mouth

I'll get some pics up tonight

Tim

edit for pics:

Edited by TimmyC

Just picked this up from Tim today as I am hoping it's going to be my solution to the problems I'm having with my P Bass (see separate post).

Exactly as Tim described (spotless) and the typical high standard Lakland build (Tim also included a Sadowsky soft/hard case which is excellent quality too).

The body is a traditional Jazz shape (unlike the Darryl Jones) and the neck is fantastic. Despite it being a 35" scale (I'm used to 34") it feels incredibly comfortable and the profile is far more to my liking than the DJ (a lot slimmer and not as flat fingerboard).

Plugged in, the bass sounds amazing and the low B is tight and very defined. It's not quite as modern sounding as the DJ, but I think it suits my style of playing better.The good news is I can hear it as clear as a bell!!

I'm going to give it a run out on Wednesday and possibly fit a preamp to it (either East or Audere) but I'm well impressed.

The bad news is that I'm going to have to sell my P Bass for definite now, but I feel happier doing so now that I've got a great bass to replace it.

Thanks a million Tim.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Hope that works out for you Nick. I played a Charity gig with the DJ5 last night - had to go straight into the desk, hardly heard a bloody note all night. Could have sworn on a few occasions I was on the 'wrong' string - nobody seemed to notice. Is that a reflection on my playing or does no one listen to the bass :)

[quote name='martthebass' post='158512' date='Mar 16 2008, 06:57 PM']Hope that works out for you Nick. I played a Charity gig with the DJ5 last night - had to go straight into the desk, hardly heard a bloody note all night. Could have sworn on a few occasions I was on the 'wrong' string - nobody seemed to notice. Is that a reflection on my playing or does no one listen to the bass :)[/quote]

First gig with a 5 stringer Mart and I started the whole song on the B String instead of the E....again, nobody noticed!!