Why become a member? ×

weddings/functions

slobluesine

It really does depend on a lot. Sorry to be vague. Find out off other function/club bands what they charge, enquire as a 'customer'. My club band charges somewhere between £200-£250 for a pub/club, private functions ie weddings we charge almost that each for a four piece. Bear in mind we play requests and do our work to a very high standard. If you sound better than the competition, youll find people will be prepared to pay that bit more. Certainly in my experience.
Remember when you play weddings, you do whatever you are asked to do. No questions. Invite potential clients to your public gigs.

Again, just my opinion.

Dan

I'm from the South East and that price would be ok...if you are sorted enough.

My main band will do weddings for £750-1000 for a 5 piece. That is for 2x45mins and we don't do requests.
It is basically our pub set which the B&G will be invited to see and book accordingly.

When I worked at as hotel we had a lot of weddings and fucntions bands playing there, and if the customer asked the hotel to book a band I'd usually see the invoice from the band. Some of the cheaper acts were around £400-£700, some of the most expensive acts were considerably more than £3000!

Don't think there is much of a difference re North or South. More the venue and how much the client is looking to spend dictates.
Price wise..... £500 to 15k (Gilev will charge 10 to 15k easy on average and are out every weekend for Jewish weddings).
£1000 to £3000 is more the market I know and at the higher end there is usually an established agent involved and in many cases a dedicated PA/light company, which unfortunately has to be paid for out of that 3k.
Fine if you can be self contained but when doing London Park Lane gigs it's a pain in the arse for get-ins/outs. Would rather just turn up and play, which is what I do.