Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Truro in sunny (ha ha) Cornwall

davehux

Hi to all you Basschatters.

I've posted a couple of things already, but thought I'd better be polite and stand at the front of the class for a couple of minutes.

Currently enjoying my mid-life crisis and building a collection of 4 string planks, much to my wife's exasperation. I started off as a bedroom bass hero, but after plucking up the courage to start going to the Jam Night at the MMI Bar in St Agnes, I've been asked by a few people to play bass with them and their own bands. You'll still see me almost every Wednesday night at the MMI, even though we're currently having to go acoustic for a couple of weeks following noise complaints from the neighbour :)

Current banjo list is.......

1977 Rickenbacker 4001 in Autumn Glo - have to thank Chris Squire and The Yes Album for starting my 40 year love affair with the Ricky

1985 Westone Thunder III fretless - probably my favourite guitar to play

1990's Yamaha BB404 fretless - first one I bought, about 5 years ago. Now in retirement following the purchase of the big hitters above. Nice, easy playing, bass.

Unknown - Harper fretless electro-acoustic - bought from fleaBay last week to cover our enforced acoustic sessions at Jam Night

Marshall MB150 combo

Boss ME20 Bass effects pedal

Future purchase would be a Ricky 4001 fretless in Mapleglo - there was one sold on here in July that was the perfect thing.

Some brilliant, useful, information here on Basschat, particularly the eBay watchers - keep up the good work

All the best

Dave

PS - into Porcupine Tree, Yes (obviously), Marillion, Floyd, Rush, PG Genesis, and most of the usual suspects of 70's - 80's rock/metal

[attachment=86835:girls.JPG]

Edited by davehux

• 3 weeks later...