Why become a member? ×

NBD!

acidbass

Hello all,

As some of you might know, I played the Squier Classic Vibe Jazz Bass last week in a local music shop and was so impressed with the quality that I bought one used from Coda Music in Stevenage. The guys at Coda (Jamal and Ryan in particular) were very helpful and the bass was shipped to me immediately after payment.

I received the bass today and, well - WOW!

[attachment=86774:DSC01899.JPG]

I wish Squier basses were this good when I started playing bass, it would have made things so much easier! The fit and finish is great, although it will get a setup once a new set of Elixirs arrives - the strings on it are actually the original ones supplied with the bass from new, and there's literally no marks or scratches anywhere on the bass. I bought it with the intention of modding, but to be honest it sounds exactly as I need it to right now, so the only modification I'll be making in the short term will be to add a set of Straploks. Maybe in the near future I'll throw a set of Wizards in there and maybe a new circuit, but right now the pickups sound great as they are.

Dead impressed with this, and a steal at under £200.

Danny

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1336638' date='Aug 11 2011, 04:28 PM']How much did you pay for it? - if you dont mind me asking?? :)[/quote]

£199 and that included postage to Northern Ireland, although I had to do a bit of negotiating to avoid the normal £29 'outside of Mainland' charge!

[quote name='Johnston' post='1336872' date='Aug 11 2011, 07:12 PM']£29 thats not bad. Last couple of places I tried were looking £40 and £45 .[/quote]

Aye we normally get the sharp end of the stick over here alright! It said on the website 'free UK shipping' and when he said it would be £29 for delivery, I pointed out that Northern Ireland was part of the UK and he agreed. I know a lot of couriers who don't charge extra for shipping to NI, but some do unfortunately.

Aye Coda is fantastic, bought my little amp from the Luton store and have gazed longingly at the basses in Stevenage a couple of times. One time I played a bunch for about an hour. They are always really helpful with questions.

Come to think of it, bought my very first electric guitar from them second hand donkeys years ago too, forgot about that.

Can't wait until the day I can wander in there and leave with something crazy shiny, congrats on the new bass.

Just to confirm - I've bought a set of Straploks, a lovely Harvest leather strap and a set of LaBella 760FL flatwounds to spruce this bad boy up! Next up - a new passive circuit consisting of CTS and Switchcraft, a set of Wizard 64's and copper tape to shield the cavity :)