Why become a member? ×

sound issues, lakland, EBMM stingray

tbonepete

Have a look inside the Lakland to see if the ground wire is still attached properly if it is try putting some wire from the ground connection (just wrap it round tight nothing fancy) then attach it to the bridge if it's like a church mouse after I'd say take the bridge off and get the earth wire and put it in a new spot under the bridge as it's probably sunk into the body, I have had that a few times and it looked like it was assembled with the body finish still wet!

The Ray may just have it's pup height wound right down to make it less harsh as some folk prefer it and obviously the preamp can handle it where a passive bass would be struggling.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1334169' date='Aug 9 2011, 08:52 PM']Have a look inside the Lakland to see if the ground wire is still attached properly if it is try putting some wire from the ground connection (just wrap it round tight nothing fancy) then attach it to the bridge if it's like a church mouse after I'd say take the bridge off and get the earth wire and put it in a new spot under the bridge as it's probably sunk into the body, I have had that a few times and it looked like it was assembled with the body finish still wet![/quote]

There might also be a trim pot in there that will allow the output to be turned up or down. If there is a marked difference between active and passive mode on the Lakland this can be used to balance the two modes out. It might be set too high (im basing this on my old 55-01 with NTMB preamp)