Why become a member? ×

TC RH450 & 750

bluesparky

I'm looking to get one of the TC heads 450 or 750 to go with my TC RS210 & 212 cabs.

I was going to get the 450, sounds good, works with the cabs and not overly expensive.

When i contacted a retailer about the availability the 450 i was given a friendly and helpful reply, which also included this:

"I would recommend the 750 as it has a better high end response - the RH450 has a low pass filter set at 5khz so does not let any zing through the amp, the RH750 has an adjustable low pass filter which allows you to have a more natural/extended high end".

Has anyone tried both heads and noticed this?

My understanding is that the 450 pairs well with the RS speakers and comfortably powers them with no issues and is the natural choice of heads from TC to power these speakers.

I've not tried it yet, but would there be any need for the 750 aside from the tonal differences?
Does the 750 have enhanced / "better" tone control?

I'm in London but i don't know of any local shops that have both in stock to tryout.

Many thanks to all in advance.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1326282' date='Aug 3 2011, 11:02 PM']The high end difference is definitely noticeable on the 750. If you can afford it, go for it.[/quote]
Ok, Cheers, thanks for that.
Am I correct in thinking that both the 450 & 750 heads will power up to 3 speakers of any combination of the RS 210, 212 & 112?

[quote name='bluesparky' post='1326323' date='Aug 3 2011, 11:55 PM']Ok, Cheers, thanks for that.
Am I correct in thinking that both the 450 & 750 heads will power up to 3 speakers of any combination of the RS 210, 212 & 112?[/quote]

Yep...and the RS410.

You can probably use another brand as well, but they state not to. I personally wouldnt want to risk it.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='1326543' date='Aug 4 2011, 09:53 AM']....As the impedance plots in Bass Gear Magazine have shown, the TC heads run down to a 2.7 ohm minimum nominal load, whoever's cabs you're using....[/quote]
So now we know.

TC can sell the amps on their own merits why can't they be honest and do the same when selling their cabs?

TC are being disingenuous and using FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) in an attempt to sell their cabs.