Why become a member? ×

HELP! My bass is eating batteries!!!

Your best bet is ask a tech to look at it. Or use this situation to learn about the electronics in your bass. If you open up the rear cover or front control panel or scratch plate, depending on what bass you have, check that no exposed wires are touching, all the solder joints are shiny.

Just checking - we did have someone who posted a couple of weeks ago with a similar issue and he was leaving his bass plugged in all the time.

In that case I'd check that there's nothing obvious shorting out the battery connection on the jack plug when there's no jack plugged in. Failing that take it to a decent guitar tech to have it looked at.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1324982' date='Aug 2 2011, 10:31 PM']Just checking - we did have someone who posted a couple of weeks ago with a similar issue and he was leaving his bass plugged in all the time.

In that case I'd check that there's nothing obvious shorting out the battery connection on the jack plug when there's no jack plugged in. Failing that take it to a decent guitar tech to have it looked at.[/quote]

Naa wasnt me, did it once, never again, turned up to a audition with a dead bass, Oops :)

Opened it up, nothing looking out of order, hmm...