Why become a member? ×

Red Fender Aerodyne Bass Japan Non export *sold payment pending*

KevinJazzBass

Hi guys, I bought this bass second hand earlier in the year to take on my gig to China. I played 4 45s for 110 nights between Feb and July and the bass never let me down once. Its a great bass, it looks good and has a very versatile sound. It is also very lightweight which is handy for long gigs.

I also had a custom off white pickguard made by howard (the bass doc) and I will throw that in on top of the original black one.

I'm looking for 550 ONO posted and if i get the full amount ill put on a brand new set of DR Sunbeams for the new owner.

Will accept paypal if buyer covers the fees, bank transfer or cash on collection.

There are a few small chips from the paint which were filled in by the previous owner and some corrosion on the pickup poles. This issues (if they even count as issues) are purely cosmetic and do not affect the function of the instrument in any way.

Heres a couple of pics for now and I'll get some good quality close up shots soon. Please note that the hiscox case in the picture is not the SKB case that comes with the bass. Ill upload pictures of that case soon.

The bass is with me at home in Hartlepool if you would like to collect it, im also gigging in the North Yorkshire area quite regularly throughout August so could meet up.

Any questions then don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks for looking

Kev

[attachment=86076:2631300001.jpg]
[attachment=86077:IMG_0745.JPG]

Edited by KevinJazzBass

[quote name='nipplebass' post='1328305' date='Aug 5 2011, 09:35 AM']consider a trace for a gibson SG in worn cherry?[/quote]

Sorry, Im not a fan of Gibson basses

[quote name='dc2009' post='1328327' date='Aug 5 2011, 09:49 AM']wow that is desperately pretty[/quote]

Thanks very much for the kind words :)

[quote name='lee650' post='1330068' date='Aug 6 2011, 05:03 PM']Hey Kevin that is one gorgeous Fender, right up my alley as it were, are you taking the last minute trip to china then? - bump for a great chap!![/quote]

Hi Lee, thank you very much. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like this trip has worked out, ive been in negotiations with the agent over travel expenses and they want me to fly tomorrow and the prices have just went through the roof so its a no go time.

All the best,

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='cocco' post='1350548' date='Aug 24 2011, 06:04 PM']Would you fancy a trade for a CIJ JB-66 US? A 66 RI jazz in candy apple red with some extras[/quote]

Come on Cocco, photo's up, price up. Yours may sell quickly, giving you the loot for the Aerodyne :lol: .
Especially if it's the 66 RI with blocks/bound. :) :) .
Karl.

hi cocco, the trade sounds very appealling but im afraid im in China on a gig until next spring (I had 1 day to prepare to leave so forgot about the add on here) at the bass is at my mothers house in the UK so logistically it might work out too difficult. And because I wouldnt be able to play the bass until next year I'd probably rather have the cash so I could get something else over here. Thanks for the offer anyway. Kev

• 4 weeks later...