Why become a member? ×

WhAt StRiNgS dO YoU UsE ?

4 candles

Just playin about with the title but hopefully got the attention!

Heres the real question- Anyone brought a decent bass on the ebay for a good price?

only to pay for it, wait 6-8 days for delivery, and on the 8th day receive an email saying "sorry but my house has been broken into whilst on holiday, and the bass has now gone"

happened to me recently, got all excited and then got let down. Ive managed to get a refund after waiting for many days but thats not the point.

Has this happened to you?

PS should I use a pick? or my fingers?

regards

Mark

had exactly the same happen with 2 for £5 fishing chairs!

thought the same had happened again just 2 weeks ago - 3 days delivery still not recieved after 2 weeks, and not one reply from the seller after 3 emails
it DID turn up the day before we'd decided to contact ebay though and my schecter omen extreme 5 was well packaged and as described :)

A couple of incidents come to mind. A guitarist mate of mine bid and won a Marshall 4x12
at a really low price. Paid, and no cab turned up. After a couple of weeks and several emails
the 4x12 was re-listed. My mate at the end of auction put in highest bid which was significantly higher than the first time
won and didn't bother paying. after dozens of emails from the seller he eventually sent him a email saying frustrating isn't it.

Also i have just had my first real problem with ebay. I bid and won a pair of B&W HI-FI speakers for £10.
after about a week, seller sent a message saying sorry he had not sent speakers as his Wife had just had a baby
and he had been really busy, but had sent them that day. I replied saying ok and congratulations.
Another week past and still no speakers. sent him message saying this, he said they should have arrived by now.
another week still no speakers, i ask him for a tracking number which he sends but not which company. I ask
which company and he replies his wife sent them and he thought it was parcel force. Now i'm getting alarm bells
as he said his wife just had a baby and then hes sent her out with a pair of heavy speakers to the PO.
I check the tracking with parcel force and it turns out they were dropped off at the PO the day i had asked for
the tracking number. Anyway they turned up today, and are a cracking pair of speakers. What should i do
regarding the seller, any ideas.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1310914' date='Jul 20 2011, 10:17 PM']Ask a basschatter in his local area to kick him in the nuts?[/quote]
ok i'm looking for a basschatter who stays near Westbury in Wiltshire, with at least
size 10 feet, a pair of steel toe cap boots would be handy as well. :)

[quote name='bigash' post='1310929' date='Jul 20 2011, 10:28 PM']ok i'm looking for a basschatter who stays near Westbury in Wiltshire, with at least
size 10 feet, a pair of steel toe cap boots would be handy as well. :)[/quote]

I can do the size 10 and the steel toe caps, but not the location :)

Ive been quite nice in the past. Being well aware of the horrors of eBay I've asked sellers if they don't mind it selling fit the ridiculous price I've won it for, so far it's worked in my favour.

Both my basses have come from eBay and for what I see as ridiculous prices aswell.