Why become a member? ×

Build Your Own Bass Guitar Kit

Well, thats me sorted for those long rainy days in my caravan in Skegness!! :)
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saga-P-Bass-guitar-Kit-Build-your-own-bass-guitar-PB10-/270782402672?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f0be39070"]Clicky[/url]

everything pre-drilled and solderless? it's hardly "expressing yourself by building your own bass" is it, a bit like the Wright brothers playing with Airfix kits. It looks like all you're doing is building someone else's bass....

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1309472' date='Jul 19 2011, 06:17 PM']Well, thats me sorted for those long rainy days in my caravan in Skegness!![/quote]

Besta luck with it. I'm sure you'll find some parts of the kit that need "upgrading"... hope the wallet's up to the bashing!

[quote name='paul_5' post='1309609' date='Jul 19 2011, 08:37 PM']everything pre-drilled and solderless? it's hardly "expressing yourself by building your own bass" is it, a bit like the Wright brothers playing with Airfix kits. It looks like all you're doing is building someone else's bass....[/quote]

No it's not, but it's a bl**dy good place to start. Getting used to the techniques and technical requirements before introducing self-expression is key to learning successfully (a bit like playing).

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1310939' date='Jul 20 2011, 10:35 PM']So, how long before we see a load of badly sprayed P-bass copies with wonky shaped headstocks on eBay as "custom build"?[/quote]

I working on one right now.

Will be in my uncles loft, just before going on the bay :)

[quote name='Jondeeman' post='1310085' date='Jul 20 2011, 10:54 AM']No it's not, but it's a bl**dy good place to start. Getting used to the techniques and technical requirements before introducing self-expression is key to learning successfully (a bit like playing).[/quote]

Fair do's, jumped the grumpy gun there a bit. sorry 'bout dat.

• 3 weeks later...