Why become a member? ×

Sterling by Musicman SB14 - SOLD

Wil

Edited 04-01-12, see last post.

Good condition (besides a mark in the finish pictured below), all black with matching headstock and rosewood board. Currently strung and set up for BEAD.

£350ono, collected from Bristol.

Pics:

As you can see, there is a small mark in the finish by the nut (which is filed slightly to accommodate the B string - I slipped!) and the string alignment from the factory is a bit biased towards the treble side. As it didn't affect the playability or sound I left it as it was.

Edited by Wil

How much do these/does this weigh? I read they are basswood, so perhaps not too heavy. Mainly curious but it IS a very nice looking thing, and with the skinnier neck profile, too.

It's fairly light, but no idea how much it weighs (no scales at home). I'd hazard a guess at around 9lb?

If it had a P pup at the neck I'd probably keep it, it's lovely to wear/play. I just don't think the musicman tone suits my current band.

Edited by Wil

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1326735' date='Aug 4 2011, 12:13 PM']Do you know if the slightly wider E string slot in the nut will have any effect on, say a .105 string?
Im tempted but not sure about that nut slot.[/quote]
If its been set up for BEAD it will almost certainly need a new nut fitting for standard EADG tuning!

[quote name='2x18' post='1326772' date='Aug 4 2011, 12:27 PM']If its been set up for BEAD it will almost certainly need a new nut fitting for standard EADG tuning![/quote]

Ah ok, thanks. Thats me out then. While im sure it "might" be ok its not something ill take a gamble on at this stage.