Why become a member? ×

American Standard Jazz - stock problems?!

Musicman20

Aside from the fact I know that some stores will have actually had stock ongoing, has anyone else experienced problems with waiting times from Fender recently?

I ordered a new 3TS/Rosewood Jazz back in March, and still no stock...4 months for a Fender?!

I know they had a paint factory problem back near Xmas apparently, so maybe this is a knock on effect?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1299626' date='Jul 11 2011, 09:24 AM']Aside from the fact I know that some stores will have actually had stock ongoing, has anyone else experienced problems with waiting times from Fender recently?

I ordered a new 3TS/Rosewood Jazz back in March, and still no stock...4 months for a Fender?!

I know they had a paint factory problem back near Xmas apparently, so maybe this is a knock on effect?[/quote]

That sunburst paint is a b*gger to mix :)

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1300097' date='Jul 11 2011, 05:00 PM']you seem to have no luck when it comes to new gear[/quote]
Cuz 'e don't play it first! Do you Gareth :)

I was roundly told recently that I should PLAY an instrument before buying it. I felt I hadn't got time for that, the options are far fewer because I've bought all my sh*t online for the last few years, you fall in love with a pretty colour and a promise of a great action and sound. You end up usually disappointed.

I went to Nevada Music, tried a bunch of guitars, talked to the guy in the shop, and I bought a diamond (well mrs silddx bought it for me actually :)), it sounds and feels beautiful and I love it. I'd never have bought it online because it's the wrong colour, I don't trust Fender QC, and I didn't know what a Fender American Deluxe V-Neck feels like (f***ing amazing!). Now I love the colour because it's on a guitar I adore, it's sublime!

I ordered an american jazz de luxe about a week ago and I got it on Monday. It is natural ash/maple finish so I suppose it is quicker to paint. (They just dip it in a big bucket).

Very happy with it btw, it plays very well comparing to high-end basses I have owned over the years.

If I was you I'd jump in the car on my day off and go check out a couple of shops that have them in stock. At least that way you know what you're getting and if it's right you walk out the shop with it the same day. If the dealer has anything about them they'll even tweak the set-up to your liking at no extra charge.

Edited by danhkr