Why become a member? ×

Orange Crush 100w Combo

tom1946

I've got the 35w version, ridiculously loud, however there is hardly any treble to be found in it! I have the treble knob on mine fully cranked and there's still hardly any top end.
Still, it's serving a purpose as the lower half of a Rick-O-Sound setup, where all it really needs to do is go 'boom'.

I tested the 50w against the 100w and found the 50w had better tone and a clearer bass sound.

The 100w seemed (to me) to get a bit muddy.

I love Orange stuff and this is just IMHO but I bought the 50w and have been as happy as one can be with a cheap light combo.

The Ashdown stuff is heavy (I tried one in PMT Oxford) and although it sounded good, it was a big lump to carry around.

The Orange won the day!

EDIT: The Orange has a line out so you can go straight into a PA if required :)

Edited by Blademan_98

+1 for the Orange Crush 50. It has a classic bass sound and doesn't break your back. I tried it against more modern sounding combos like Ibanez, Markbass and Ashdown and prefer the sound of the Orange. Orange Watts seem to be bigger than those of other manufacturers, it is really loud for a 50 Watt amp. I am very happy with mine. :)