Why become a member? ×

Aloha from london!

Chlo_treacher

Hey Everyone,

My name is chloe and im a 24 year old professional bassist from london uk. Been playing about 10 years now, but classically trained so been in music for about 20 years. Been professional for a few years now, main gig is with critically acclaimed band 'Unkle Bob' who've had syncs on greys anatomy, csi: miami, what happens in vegas etc etc and toured with the likes of 'James', 'the proclaimers', 'goo goo dolls', 'the feeling', 'ocean colour scene', 'tim booth' to name a few. Thats basically enabled us to play at places like the royal albert hall and brixton academy which were both effin' awesome!!! Ive also appeared with girl band the scarletz at grand prix 2010, and have just been asked to play and song write for portugal's next biggest all girl indie rock band. Pretty excited-money for music in a place with real sunshine. cant really complain! Lastly i managed to get the 'bass to the future' article in bass guitar magazine back in december 2010. there is going to be more of that coming soon too, so keep those eyes peeled.

Rig wise, my main bass is a 1979 wine red usa custom shop p-bass. Also got a fender jazz, schecter diamond series 5 string and an eub. The bass in my display pic is a hand painted job made by an up and coming luthier/artist in the states called Brad Lowe. Got a page on facebook, check it out! Play through a trace elliot head and cab for unkle bob live stuff but otherwise ive got a lovely mark bass 2x10 combo that does just fine. looking forward to hanging out with you guys!

Chlo x

Edited by Chlo_treacher

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1295279' date='Jul 6 2011, 10:05 PM']Welcome aboard :)

That's an impressive cv

It's good to hear of bass players making a living from the low side :)[/quote]

ahaha thanks, I feel incredibly lucky to be doing it. But it does feel great to know all the hard slog is beginning to pay off now. :lol: if your interested, here is a video of unkle bob for our song and next single 'satellite'. Footage was taken from our november tour with the goo goo dolls. Plenty more stuff on the tube if you want to delve into it more. So how long you been playing then and stuff?

[quote name='Chlo_treacher' post='1295288' date='Jul 6 2011, 10:10 PM']ahaha thanks, I feel incredibly lucky to be doing it. But it does feel great to know all the hard slog is beginning to pay off now. :) if your interested, here is a video of unkle bob for our song and next single 'satellite'. Footage was taken from our november tour with the goo goo dolls. Plenty more stuff on the tube if you want to delve into it more. So how long you been playing then and stuff?[/quote]

I've been playing guitar for 30 years! I only started playing bass around a year ago :)

Bass has taken over so much I have sold all but two guitars!

I've never made a lot of money out of it though :D

I had a look at your youtube stuff.

You are very talented and I hope you continue to succeed :lol:

[quote name='pickle' post='1295361' date='Jul 6 2011, 10:55 PM']sappanin Chloe :)) nice to see ya joined up.

How was your recent trip?[/quote]

lol oh i forgot to mention, im also pickles favorite female bassist according to a thread he wrote on here a while ago ahaha! Im well thanks love, hows it going? Haven't been away yet, go to portugal on the 1st august. busy prepping for it at the moment. How are you?

x

Nice to see you can make a living out of it! Welcome aboard.

Feel free to spread any contacts/vacant support slots for bands in the gigs or whatever relevant section on here if/when they come up, would be good for some of us to benefit from your experience in the London music scene.

[quote name='Chlo_treacher' post='1295503' date='Jul 7 2011, 12:26 AM']lol oh i forgot to mention, im also pickles favorite female bassist according to a thread he wrote on here a while ago ahaha! Im well thanks love, hows it going? Haven't been away yet, go to portugal on the 1st august. busy prepping for it at the moment. How are you?

x[/quote]

Yeah thanks for that :) :)

Im good thanks, just up far to early on a day off lol

Good. We seem to be getting a few more women joining lately which is a very good thing for basschat.

Hello Chlo. That is an impressive CV, especially since you are so young, that's what classical training and attitude can do for you I guess. Looking forward to your contributions :) It can get a bit blokey on here sometimes, a bit argumentative about such world-changing subjects as 'to slap or not to slap' and 'which epoch of human evolution is Alain Caron from?', because men are all really just failed children :)

Seriously, it's a fantastic forum and you'll get no end of support and advice if you suddenly find you have a pancreatic oedema or something.

All the best.

• 2 weeks later...