Why become a member? ×

NBD - Yamaha Attitude Special

fender73

Well....i haven't even plugged it in yet, but i love it already.

Been a long time Billy Sheehan fan, and saw this for sale. Couldn't resist it, so grabbed it for a decent price inc case. Was signed by Billy in 2005 when he visited the Rotosound factory.

Condition wise it's great, restrung it last night (in the sweltering heat!) and had a quick noodle earlier (without amp). neck feels great and can;t wait to give it a full on blast at the weekend.

Sorry for dodgy pic :-)

Plan is to do nothing to it (at the moment.....) - I could change the pickups, add a D-Tuner, get the dusty end scalloped etc, but would there be any point?

Anyway, thought i'd let you all know!

Cheers

Graeme

ps... Roll on September for Mr Big playing in London

Im really very jealous of anyone who owns on of these basses!
I love Yamaha basses and I am a big fan of Billy Sheehan too.

Let us know what its like when you have had a chance to give it some nuts!

I better start saving up if i want one of these one day :)

I grabbed an SPL about 10 years ago for £150.
The wiring had been messed about with, one pot moved and just the P Pickups working.
Playable but never gigged it - always prefered every other bass I'd got!
I sprayed the scratchplate metallic purple and it got stickered over the years.

Sold it last year to a Sheehan fan for £250 and put the cash towards my Spector Rex 4

Edited by grunge666

[quote name='4StringFortress' post='1285897' date='Jun 28 2011, 11:35 PM']Im really very jealous of anyone who owns on of these basses!
I love Yamaha basses and I am a big fan of Billy Sheehan too.

Let us know what its like when you have had a chance to give it some nuts!

I better start saving up if i want one of these one day :)[/quote]

You can pick these up for around £200! The Attitude Specials that is,

[quote name='fender73' post='1286984' date='Jun 29 2011, 09:30 PM']no secret, paid £300 inc case for mine. Very pleased.

I think £200 is a bit low - not seen one of these go for under £300 for quite a while[/quote]

I've seen two go for £200 to £250 in the last 18 months on here, and one for £230 locally a few months ago

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1289349' date='Jul 1 2011, 05:58 PM']I've seen two go for £200 to £250 in the last 18 months on here, and one for £230 locally a few months ago[/quote]

..and i've seen the condition they were in too.. :-) One had holes drilled all over it and was extremely reliced, another needed some serious cleansing and had parts missing.

Very happy with mine - it's a cracker. If you see any more going that cheap, please tell me, i'll buy another any day for that money.

Cheers

Graeme

ps...you a Mr Big fan? You off to see them on tour?

Edited by fender73

[quote name='fender73' post='1291844' date='Jul 4 2011, 09:57 AM']..and i've seen the condition they were in too.. :-) One had holes drilled all over it and was extremely reliced, another needed some serious cleansing and had parts missing.

Very happy with mine - it's a cracker. If you see any more going that cheap, please tell me, i'll buy another any day for that money.

Cheers

Graeme

ps...you a Mr Big fan? You off to see them on tour?[/quote]

They were in decnet nick,

the one which went locally pained me so much as it was almost mint but i was completely broke :lol:

And i'm a MASSIVE Mr Big fan :) Didn't manage to see them though :D I wanted to go to download but was occupied that week, saw them on the comeback tour in 2009 in london and i've been dying to see them again!

People always say its odd i'm a Mr Big fan, considering To be with you was a hit in 1992/1993 2/3 years before i was born!

Also, if i see a cheap one you'll have to beat me too it :) I adore my Attitude, there is little i'd change about it!

Edited by AttitudeCastle

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1299951' date='Jul 11 2011, 02:48 PM']They were in decnet nick,

the one which went locally pained me so much as it was almost mint but i was completely broke :D

And i'm a MASSIVE Mr Big fan :) Didn't manage to see them though :P I wanted to go to download but was occupied that week, saw them on the comeback tour in 2009 in london and i've been dying to see them again!

People always say its odd i'm a Mr Big fan, considering To be with you was a hit in 1992/1993 2/3 years before i was born!

Also, if i see a cheap one you'll have to beat me too it :lol: I adore my Attitude, there is little i'd change about it![/quote]

I sold mine about a year ago, it certainly was a used beast but had Dimarzio Blade pups and original Dimarzio Woofer, sounded great but played so so well, I wished I never sold it for so low, think I sold it for £200 :lol: mind you I do own 2 original Attitude II's :)

[quote name='Smash' post='1299961' date='Jul 11 2011, 02:56 PM']I sold mine about a year ago, it certainly was a used beast but had Dimarzio Blade pups and original Dimarzio Woofer, sounded great but played so so well, I wished I never sold it for so low, think I sold it for £200 :lol: mind you I do own 2 original Attitude II's :)[/quote]

I've always wanted one with a pearloid neck pickup cover, and a red Attitude II (i've got a sea foam green one too :) )

I usually don't get on with many 4 string necks, but the Attitude neck sits nicely in my hand :D

Have only had a chance to noodle at home on mine, but am loving the whole feel of the bass. Just now waiting for an Att2 to come up used....cash is waiting if anyone is tempted? :-)

I look forward to using it 'in anger' at a couple of gigs next month.

Cheers all

Graeme

[quote name='fender73' post='1300646' date='Jul 12 2011, 09:10 AM']Have only had a chance to noodle at home on mine, but am loving the whole feel of the bass. Just now waiting for an Att2 to come up used....cash is waiting if anyone is tempted? :-)

I look forward to using it 'in anger' at a couple of gigs next month.

Cheers all

Graeme[/quote]

They only seem to go for about £500-£600 second hand which is an INSANE deal/real shame much like warwicks, so hopefully you'll get one! Alot of people buy one as a Sheehan wannabe thinking it will built their chops or something! I just love parts of his tone which is why i love mine (and it feels soooo good to play!)

Best of luck man!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1300678' date='Jul 12 2011, 09:48 AM']They only seem to go for about £500-£600 second hand which is an INSANE deal/real shame much like warwicks, so hopefully you'll get one! Alot of people buy one as a Sheehan wannabe thinking it will built their chops or something! I just love parts of his tone which is why i love mine (and it feels soooo good to play!)

Best of luck man![/quote]
They are getting harder to find I had an offer a few months back for my Green Attitude of £750 to my house, when I said that's a nice offer but I don't want to sell he then offered £800 :0 still not selling though

[quote name='fender73' post='1300701' date='Jul 12 2011, 10:10 AM']Did find one, but it was in Italy.....think i'll wait for one in the UK...i'm sure one of you guys will get bored with yours soon :-)

Happy Bassing all

Graeme[/quote]

Not a chance mate :) haha!

My Seafoam green attitude means so much to me, sentimentally, and it was a gift to me! AND it's one of the anniversary limited edition ones xD

I'd rather sell both kidneys than my Attitude haha

You'll get one though if you don't mind ones in black, as they crop up on here every now and then (though i as a rule bar one or two never own or play black basses just because i'm funneh like that :) )

Are the ATT LTD II's still in production? I'm not 100% sure they are =S

[quote name='fender73' post='1300717' date='Jul 12 2011, 10:28 AM']Nope - think it's all the ATT3 now....not currently an option at nearly £2500! :P

I'll keep my eyes peeled...let me know if you see any around. :)[/quote]

Will do my man!

Thats what i feared :D I adore the ATT LTD II and the wonderful Lava red colour is comes/came in

Though the ATT III does look a step up, though Billy has already modded his :lol: with a covered version of the neck pickup/new all black version and the neck joint and wood treating is interesting! Though i like the blue, i miss the red and green :lol:

:)

Pretty much covers my 4 string GAS Yamaha does!

Actually, looking at the Yam UK site the AttII still appears

[url="http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-basses/signature_models/?mode=series#tab=product_lineup"]http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-i...=product_lineup[/url]

A few years back I had a LTD II on order from a well known UK Music shop, it was £910 Brand New but I waited 5 months, they then phoned to tell me they are out of stock, so I cancelled. A few months later I called back thinking I will try again and they said it would cost me £1450 and 4 month wait. So had to find one 2nd hand, luckily I did but had to drive 500 mile round trip.