Why become a member? ×

Original Pink Paisley/Blue Flower Tele's

Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='karlfer' post='1280085' date='Jun 23 2011, 08:13 PM']Congratulations, gorgeous (er, not you obviously).
The work you put into your collection does you proud.
Karl.[/quote]

Thanks Karl, it is rather time consuming, and ridiculously addictive!!, oh, and just for the record, i am also gorgeous.

[quote name='Donnyboy' post='1279938' date='Jun 23 2011, 06:12 PM']A very handsome couple - congratulations!! Quirky but yet strangely attractive. I love these stories about something being kept under a bed/in a cupboard - I always think/hope I might benefit from something like that - at a good price though! Great post.[/quote]

Keep looking, they [i]are[/i] out there. Not neccessarily at a good price though!! :)

[quote name='woodenshirt' post='1281891' date='Jun 25 2011, 09:54 AM']Absolutely amazing......... What a lovely pair you got there Rick!

My all time fave finishes.

(I think my other half is a bit fed up with me ranting and raving on about them though!)

(Envious) Mart[/quote]

Thanks Mart, they are fab, and very different looking to the reissues, the pasiley wallpaper is highly textured, and very sparkly, hot rod metallic edge spray, the blue flower paper is smooth, but quite sparkly also, with similar metallic hot rod paint spray burst around the edges.

Just wonderful, a rare pairing indeed.

Thanks for the comment.

Congratulation..they are both beautiful!
i am absolutely amazed.wow

unfortunately my pink paisley has been stripped in the end of the 60s
but now i can imagine more, how beautiful she was before that..

2 treasures you have achieved.. you pirat :)

[quote name='73Jazz' post='1282680' date='Jun 26 2011, 12:46 AM']Congratulation..they are both beautiful!
i am absolutely amazed.wow

unfortunately my pink paisley has been stripped in the end of the 60s
but now i can imagine more, how beautiful she was before that..

2 treasures you have achieved.. you pirat :)[/quote]

Thanks for the comment, they are pretty special.

Is yours completely stripped, or is any of the paisley left intact?

unfortunately completely stripped..only some pink in the neckpocket and under the controlplate cavity and the plexi pickguard survived^^
but they sound fantastic..thats what counts...but i wouldn´t regret if it is still pink paisley :)

your basses are historical..but they are now in really good hands i think :)

[quote name='73Jazz' post='1282727' date='Jun 26 2011, 02:37 AM']unfortunately completely stripped..only some pink in the neckpocket and under the controlplate cavity and the plexi pickguard survived^^
but they sound fantastic..thats what counts...but i wouldn´t regret if it is still pink paisley :)

your basses are historical..but they are now in really good hands i think :)[/quote]

Thanks, I hope they are in good hands, i treat them very well!!

Your tele looks great, what a same about the paisley though! Most paisley and blue flowers were stripped, as the paper peeled on 90% of them, and as they werent seen as collectors instruments until the 90's, most owners stripped the paper off, as it looked unsightly half torn off. Not uncommon at all.

[quote name='jonthebass' post='1288228' date='Jun 30 2011, 09:14 PM']Rick,
Are these now for sale with Andy Baxter?
[url="http://andybaxterbass.com/guitars.php"]http://andybaxterbass.com/guitars.php[/url]

Regards,
Jon[/quote]

No, certainly not for sale, i've only just got them!!

I know Andy, he was involved, to a certain extent, in the purchase of these Basses, and he asked to put them on his site for publicity purposes, thats why he's put 'Please call' in the text, and not a price.

Not uncommon, particularly with rare guitars. New Kings Road Guitars are still advertising my '52 Precision, despite me buying it a couple of months ago, for the same reason, it generates interest in their inventory.

Rick.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1288624' date='Jul 1 2011, 09:24 AM']No, certainly not for sale, i've only just got them!!

I know Andy, he was involved, to a certain extent, in the purchase of these Basses, and he asked to put them on his site for publicity purposes, thats why he's put 'Please call' in the text, and not a price.

Not uncommon, particularly with rare guitars. New Kings Road Guitars are still advertising my '52 Precision, despite me buying it a couple of months ago, for the same reason, it generates interest in their inventory.

Rick.[/quote]
Vintage & Rare were still advertising my old Fender 76 fretless Precision on their website a year after I had bought it (during which time it changed hands twice!)