Why become a member? ×

gasaholics anonymous

cycrowave

I'v been gas free for a while now, pretty much since i put a j-retro in my jazz bass.When i say gas free i actually mean bass guitar gas specifiaclly, i need to improve my home studio. Now something has come to my attention that i'm really struggling to let pass by me. I keep trying to tell myself
'its just another 4 string fretted bass, you have 2 of those and they are both great and there are other things you need DONT BUY IT!' but another niggling voice keeps saying 'but what if this is THE ONE, and you probally wont see another for a long time. REMEMBER THAT SB700 YOU LET GO LAST YEAR YOU FOOL'

So I guess im looking for some support here.

My name is Cycrowave and Im a gasaholic....

I like trying new things, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I've been through about 30 basses and found 5 keepers. Buying unseen at distance for the vast majority of these, and inevitably acquiring a more expensive taste as I go, I don't think that's a bad hit rate.

I don't think it's a problem. I've never compromised the roof over my head or the variety in my diet over the heads of a bass.

my name is paul and i'm a recovering gasaholic. I've managed to keep a preamp for 15 years (asymptomatic of gas i know, but bear with me) and one bass for 4 years. So far this year i've had two different heads and about 10 changes on the pedalboard. It's not even a big board. I've pretty much found all of the sounds i want and when the final pedal arrives this week i shouldn't need to buy any more gear again. Just reading through this post it's become clear that i'm in denial, not recovery. Ah well, anyone want to buy a ...