Why become a member? ×

Love the Wizards!!

Mook

I think Wizards will be my next pup purchase for sure. I can't decide whether to get the Big P/J combo pups for the newly acquired Squier Jag SS, or just replace the j-pup? I'm a bit wary that the new Wizard j-pup would over power the stock p-pup on the SS. What do you think? If I was to replace just the j-pup, what would work best with the stock p-pup? Hammer, 64 or 84's?

I'm defo getting a set of hammers for the fretless jazz though :)

[quote name='derrenleepoole' post='1364144' date='Sep 6 2011, 02:57 PM']I think Wizards will be my next pup purchase for sure. I can't decide whether to get the Big P/J combo pups for the newly acquired Squier Jag SS, or just replace the j-pup? I'm a bit wary that the new Wizard j-pup would over power the stock p-pup on the SS. What do you think? If I was to replace just the j-pup, what would work best with the stock p-pup? Hammer, 64 or 84's?

I'm defo getting a set of hammers for the fretless jazz though :)[/quote]

I have a set of P/J Big Combo pickups going into my fretless bass at the moment - they are essentially a Wizard 84 Jazz bridge pickup paired with a Wizard Thumper, a little hotter output than the standard P/J set which is exactly what I'm after for a more responsive fretless tone. If you haven't decided by the time I get mine finished, I'll be leaving a full review over on the thread in 'Build Diaries' - maybe it might aid you in your choice :)

Danny

• 1 month later...