Why become a member? ×

SOLD PLEASE REMOVE

HazBeen

CHEERS Jim! I feel a bit ambivalent about the ACG, love the looks and it plays well. But the EQ really is not what I am looking for after recording some and gigging it.

I'm sure the ACG will find a proper home.... and if not I am going to do the unthinkable and replace the preamp with an Aguilar or have it defretted, because I think the EQ would work really well for fretless.

[quote name='BigJim' post='1262637' date='Jun 9 2011, 02:24 PM']bump for Hazbeem,

Fantastic bloke and the ACG used to be mine. Buy with him with 100% confidence.

Good luck bro,

Jim[/quote]

[quote name='HazBeen' post='1262667' date='Jun 9 2011, 01:42 PM']CHEERS Jim! I feel a bit ambivalent about the ACG, love the looks and it plays well. But the EQ really is not what I am looking for after recording some and gigging it.[/quote]

You could retro fit a john east pre amp......

My ACG Harlot has one of those fitted, same number of knobs and twiddly bits yer honer.....Alan fitted it in my last Harlot and my new Harlot is having the same.

The East pre amps are very good and more 'traditional' in terms of what we are used to (ie active bass treble and sweepable mid)

Alans EQ's are an amazing bit of kit, it just does not suit all.....my brain is far to simple to gain the benefits of the filter based EQ's in the ACG's so the more standard John east circuit fitted the bill for me.

Best of luck with the sale - Sure it wont take long

Dave

Hi,

That is something worth considering indeed. The filter bases preamp is awesome wrt the tonal pallet you have, but I usually keep my EQ pretty much in one setting so it is just too much.

Another plan is to make a fretless out of it. That would pretty much be an awesome thing as well.

But, first of all let's see if I can get some interest to buy or trade. I would really want another Spector or a high quality Jazz derivative or even the mother of rock basses (not sure what that would be though :)..).

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1263313' date='Jun 9 2011, 10:32 PM']You could retro fit a john east pre amp......

My ACG Harlot has one of those fitted, same number of knobs and twiddly bits yer honer.....Alan fitted it in my last Harlot and my new Harlot is having the same.

The East pre amps are very good and more 'traditional' in terms of what we are used to (ie active bass treble and sweepable mid)

Alans EQ's are an amazing bit of kit, it just does not suit all.....my brain is far to simple to gain the benefits of the filter based EQ's in the ACG's so the more standard John east circuit fitted the bill for me.

Best of luck with the sale - Sure it wont take long

Dave[/quote]

[quote name='HazBeen' post='1268251' date='Jun 14 2011, 09:16 AM']Hi,

That is something worth considering indeed. The filter bases preamp is awesome wrt the tonal pallet you have, but I usually keep my EQ pretty much in one setting so it is just too much.

Another plan is to make a fretless out of it. That would pretty much be an awesome thing as well.

But, first of all let's see if I can get some interest to buy or trade. I would really want another Spector or a high quality Jazz derivative or even the mother of rock basses (not sure what that would be though :)..).[/quote]
OMG and damn that Hamer looks absolutely beautiful. If only it were a 4 string. Have a lovely Hamer bump on me.

5 string is just a 4 with an extra thumb rest :) ..... it is in very good nick for it's age.

[quote name='BottomE' post='1268261' date='Jun 14 2011, 10:25 AM']OMG and damn that Hamer looks absolutely beautiful. If only it were a 4 string. Have a lovely Hamer bump on me.[/quote]

[quote name='HazBeen' post='1269322' date='Jun 14 2011, 10:12 PM']5 string is just a 4 with an extra thumb rest :) ..... it is in very good nick for it's age.[/quote]
Hehe i sold my 5 strings for that reason. I think i look a better bass player having to squirm up and down the fretboard than benefitting from the positional advantages a 5 string provides.

Have another "i can't believe you haven't sold that beautiful Hamer" bump on me...

Well, I'll give myself a can't believe it either BUMP

[quote name='BottomE' post='1271733' date='Jun 16 2011, 05:07 PM']Hehe i sold my 5 strings for that reason. I think i look a better bass player having to squirm up and down the fretboard than benefitting from the positional advantages a 5 string provides.

Have another "i can't believe you haven't sold that beautiful Hamer" bump on me...[/quote]

Hi BottomE, please explain to everyone how ridiculously low my special price is :), even you might go for it now......

[quote name='BottomE' post='1271733' date='Jun 16 2011, 05:07 PM']Hehe i sold my 5 strings for that reason. I think i look a better bass player having to squirm up and down the fretboard than benefitting from the positional advantages a 5 string provides.

Have another "i can't believe you haven't sold that beautiful Hamer" bump on me...[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...