Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb for sale - Back up for sale due to non-payer

madzombieguy

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='207908' date='May 28 2008, 11:13 AM']Regardless of my views of your previous dealings/shennanigans with regard to the price of your bass, I've always thought you'd have been lucky to get £600 for a BO Thumb any way. Just an opinion but I'd consider eating humble pie and offering it to 'weeted' at a discount of at least the cost of his fuel (x2 if he has to come back to collect)![/quote]

I’d tend to agree.

In any case I think you’re really going to struggle to sell this on BC now after what’s happened, not saying that you won’t sell it on here though.

Either way, I’ve got a Thumb BO and it’s great – lighter and IMO easier to play then the NT Thumb – I’m going to get laughed at for saying that though :)

im not sure id ever buy an expensive bass thru neck tbh, id just be worried about the neck f***in up somehow, and then that would be bye bye bass, you can always replace a bolt on

[quote name='BassManKev' post='207926' date='May 28 2008, 11:32 AM']im not sure id ever buy an expensive bass thru neck tbh, id just be worried about the neck f***in up somehow, and then that would be bye bye bass, you can always replace a bolt on[/quote]

You pays your money, you takes your choice!

I've used NT basses for the last 20 years and I've not had a problem with a f**ked neck!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='207908' date='May 28 2008, 11:13 AM']Regardless of my views of your previous dealings/shennanigans with regard to the price of your bass, I've always thought you'd have been lucky to get £600 for a BO Thumb any way. Just an opinion but I'd consider eating humble pie and offering it to 'weeted' at a discount of at least the cost of his fuel (x2 if he has to come back to collect)![/quote]

MB1. :huh:
I Doubt id be 100% happy about going back to Collect!......Would You? :)
I think id need it in writing( inc discount )before i left the house again! :huh:

[quote name='finnbass' post='208566' date='May 29 2008, 01:14 AM']You said it... :)

I wouldn't buy a plectrum from you if you got naked Balinese dancing girls to hand-deliver it :huh:[/quote]

haha that's got to go in the BC "famous quotes"

EDIT: maybe it’s cos I’m pissed but I found that f***ing hilarious :huh:

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='finnbass' post='208577' date='May 29 2008, 02:37 AM']You're quite right. There is a small element which indulges in a pathetic bullying attitude, but I'm not one of them. You let some poor sod complete a 100 mile round trip just to give him the bum's rush. Since then your attitude has been one of supreme arrogance and/or pathetic whinging. Some people deserve a bit of bullying...are you that person?

I'd be absolutely mortified if I were in your shoes but you've clearly got a hide like a rhinocerous, so I doubt you'll even bat an eyelid :)[/quote]

You are right to an extent, but I disagree with the arrogance quote. As stated earlier in the thread, the potential buyer was made aware of another offer on the table and that I would not be looking for less that that offer. I may have been tempted to lower the price for a quick sale, but not £150 lower. I didn't 'force' anyone to come here with blind ambition, everything was dealt with on the phone prior to the appointment.

As I said, I have bought and sold quite a few things on here and have found that those I have dealt with have all been lovely people, as I have been to them. I gave the potential buyer with the standing offer, the benefit of the doubt by witholding the bass for him after I was offered £150 less than weeted was willing to part with. That buyer ended up letting me down despite what was said.

I'd be willing to argue my point with anyone who says that I have ever provided a bad service, I usually try my very best for people and the items I have on offer are always discussed in detail either on the phone, or through private messaging on here. Nobody is ever given false hope on anything I have provided.

Edited by madzombieguy