Why become a member? ×

Time to upgrade my chorus!

TheRockinRoadie

Hello all,

Firstly, apologies for another 'what chorus' thread!

My trusty EHX Clone Theory has served me well, but as you'll probably know, it is quite noisey. I love the sounds I can get out of it, and the only thing I dont use is the vibrato effect. Basically, the only effect I really use is Chorus, so I'm thinking that it's probably worth upgrading to something more 'upmarket' (ie less noisey)!

I've been looking at the new Neo Clone - Will this sound the same as my Clone, but without the noise? Has anyone got any other recommendations that might be worth exploring?

I'm willing to spend up to the £100 mark, as hopefully i'll make half of that back selling the Clone. I would prefer true bypass, but don't mind buffered.

Any suggestions will be warmly recieved!
Thanks,

Lorry

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1259071' date='Jun 6 2011, 10:30 PM']EBS Unichorus. Great sounding. Built like a tank. True Bypass. Absolutely noise free... And tend to sell 2nd hand on bass chat for around £80-£85.[/quote]

+1, I got mine from the 'For Sale' section of Bass Chat for £80 and it' superb, sounds even better than the Boss CE2B that it replaced. They don't come up often, but they are worth hanging on for, after all, with the recession and all that it's a buyers' market.

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' post='1261242' date='Jun 8 2011, 02:37 PM']Okay thanks everyone, I'll keep an eye out for an EBS, and I'll also see if I can find somewhere local with a Neo Clone in stock!

Cheers,
L[/quote]

Im also on the look out for a Neo Clone. I tried a Nano Clone and it was pretty poor.

There are some sound clips in this thread no TalkBass.
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/ehx-neo-clone-clips-767910/"]Neo clone Bass clips[/url]