Why become a member? ×

So glad summer is here...

Highfox

As the title says summer is here in Finland and I like nothing more than going through a few lines practicing sitting outside.
Thought I'd post a pic of how I do it (another hobby of mine is photography) :) Pandora PX5 and an ipod touch make the job easy.
(That's the P-bass I bought off Lozz here on Basschat, strung it with La Bella flats and it's been sweet)
Summer Rocks!
Hope the sunshines soon for you guys in the UK

[attachment=81902:Practice_Zone_1.jpg]

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1258861' date='Jun 6 2011, 08:10 PM']Aaaahh Summer
i remember that day in early May just before the 2nd snow.

At least we have nice scenery in Scotland.[/quote]

Summer?

We played an outdoor street party on Saturday afternoon in south London. And it poured down.

We were crammed on the pavement under two gazebo things, trying to keep power leads and gear out of the rain. I ended up doing a Bill Wyman impression, with bass vertical, trying not to spear guitarist or singer with the headstock.

The crowd were really enthusiastic, although they ended up huddled under other canopies and umbrellas

Yeah, I know, we needed the rain - but not right then OK?

Cheers

Graham

[quote name='Graham56' post='1259960' date='Jun 7 2011, 05:25 PM']Summer?

We played an outdoor street party on Saturday afternoon in south London. And it poured down.

We were crammed on the pavement under two gazebo things, trying to keep power leads and gear out of the rain. I ended up doing a Bill Wyman impression, with bass vertical, trying not to spear guitarist or singer with the headstock.

The crowd were really enthusiastic, although they ended up huddled under other canopies and umbrellas

Yeah, I know, we needed the rain - but not right then OK?

Cheers

Graham[/quote]

WAS IT GOOD THOUGH ?
Bet you still enjoyed it !!!

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1261109' date='Jun 8 2011, 12:59 PM']WAS IT GOOD THOUGH ?
Bet you still enjoyed it !!![/quote]

Sure did! Our singer was one of the organisers so it was a 'home' crowd. They liked us. They liked the music. They were sober and friendly. Compared to some of the pub gigs we do it was great fun.

Cheers

Graham

[quote name='Graham56' post='1261162' date='Jun 8 2011, 01:27 PM']Sure did! Our singer was one of the organisers so it was a 'home' crowd. They liked us. They liked the music. They were sober and friendly. Compared to some of the pub gigs we do it was great fun.

Cheers

Graham[/quote]

:)
And you'll remember it in yrs to come as a good gig.
Brilliant

Dave

Looking forwards to my summer starting, just six days till my last exam :) I'm quite glad it hasn't been overly sunny yet, revision's bad enough without the knowledge that some of your friends are sitting with a few beers in the park.

[quote name='ZMech' post='1263724' date='Jun 10 2011, 11:03 AM']Looking forwards to my summer starting, just six days till my last exam :) I'm quite glad it hasn't been overly sunny yet, revision's bad enough without the knowledge that some of your friends are sitting with a few beers in the park.[/quote]

Aaaah exams. I remember them - vaguely, very very vaguely. :)
Good luck with them.

Dave