Why become a member? ×

Most trashed thing you've sol on ebay?

Helping a friend sell off a pile of guitar parts left by the sad passing of her father (John Hanmore, apparently a respected guitarist), including a pile of left in a shed for 40+ years guitar bits. I sent some photos to some possibly interested parties, and two expressed interest in [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300564620188&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]this pile of parts[/url]

Figured that might be a bit far gone, but apparently not.

That guitar organ might be the same as one that Richie Havens used to have. I can't find any information on it on a quick google, but I remember him being interviewed by Guitarist two or three decades ago (or maybe a little more) and he had a guitar organ using that split fret system. The interview also mentioned that it weighed a ton.

Some years ago I had a few dead Betamaxes. The plan was to fix them as it was a superior recording format to VHS. The situation was aggravated by a friend who kept finding them at the local tip and bringing therm round. Eventually I had to get rid of them as the garage was going to be demolished and rebuilt so in 2004 I started to sell them on Ebay. The going rate for a completely clapped out and dead Betamax was £40 per unit. Amazing what people will buy. One guy came all the way from South Wales to collect a pair.