Why become a member? ×

Cheap hardcases?

thedarxide

[quote name='tauzero' post='144307' date='Feb 21 2008, 12:17 PM'][url="http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/music/typeproducts2.asp?id=3948-3980"]£40 delivered from Flightcase Warehouse.[/url] Or, if you're fairly close to Tamworth, save a tenner per case and collect from them.[/quote]

Christ, that is cheap!! Thanks very much

[quote name='BassBod' post='144435' date='Feb 21 2008, 03:08 PM']If you're anywhere near Bristol I've got two here under the stairs you're welcome to for nowt...old square hardboard type, one fits Fenders the other slightlly larger (came with a JD Supernatural). PM me for details....

BB[/quote]

I *really* appreciate the offer but I'm over Milton Keynes way, and my Granny in Bath passed away a few years ago. Shame, it was an excuse to visit this awesome 2nd hand vinyl shop....

Anyone tried a Sterling in one of these? My current case is a huge thing and is really awkward when using public transport to get to rehearsals. These shaped ones might be ideal. The only thing I'd be worried about is that there doesn't seem to be much space between the outside edge of the case and the bass itself; if it were to take a big-ish knock I'm not sure it would prevent damge (there doesn't seem to be much "crumple zone").

Does the compartment in the middle accomodate a packaged set of strings? (My current case is huge but oddly doesn't have a compartment large enough for strings!)

Edited by Quatschmacher