Why become a member? ×

La bella flatwounds

Ross

Finally got into doing some proper playing today on my newly strung up project, the strings have been on a whole day and the E string snapped while I was resting my thumb lightly on it.
Have la bella been having some quality control issues or something?

Anyone else had problems with them lately?

[quote name='Ross' post='1253999' date='Jun 2 2011, 02:12 PM']Finally got into doing some proper playing today on my newly strung up project, the strings have been on a whole day and the E string snapped while I was resting my thumb lightly on it.

Anyone else had problems with them lately?[/quote]

I've had loads of sets where the E has gone dead very quickly indeed.

I've stopped using them. Now using Status half-wounds instead on my fretless.

Annoying really, I thought they sounded great.

[quote name='Ross' post='1253999' date='Jun 2 2011, 02:12 PM']Finally got into doing some proper playing today on my newly strung up project, the strings have been on a whole day and the E string snapped while I was resting my thumb lightly on it.

Anyone else had problems with them lately?[/quote]
Is that the ones with the blue silks?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1254617' date='Jun 2 2011, 09:08 PM']Is that the ones with the blue silks?[/quote]
Black silks.

In all fairness I emailed stringbusters, 20 minutes later they emailed back to say they're sending a replacement today so I'm not too fussed. But when you pay £32 for a set of strings it's a bit strange to have one break so easily.

hey hey, i struggle to find strings which cater for my seperate tailpiece design (i say my design, it's actually nothing new of course) the silk or taper either extends over the saddle or the nut. i tried la bella flats recently. extra long scale. all the strings fit apart from the b which has a totally different ball end, end. frustration! good old stringbusters though. they don't f"*k about. next day delivery and a great selection.