Why become a member? ×

Hello from the States

HJCcustoms

Just wanted to say hello to the participants here, I am from Portage, Michigan in the USA, I own a small repair/restoration/custom shop, working on instruments of all varieties for a living. I am a former bass player(I only play at home with recordings anymore, no time for bands). I began playing Violin and Viola as a child, progressed to Cello where I became an accomplished player in both school, and symphonic settings, and was bitten by the Rock/hard rock bug when I first heard Rush in 1974, I finally, in 1977, hijacked my brothers 69 Fender Jazz and was hooked. I am well educated former electrical/design engineer for a major MPU developer, left after 5 years to persue my dream of building instruments, thus building a repair/mod/restoration clientele and have been at it since. thanks for having me.
best always,
JC

Edited by HJCcustoms

yes gareth, that is one of my signature 2 models, a 5er fretless just being completed this week. I like to change my Avatar pic to represent what I am working on at the time(usually builds only) not repairs and mods, those are relatively less photogenic...LOL

And thank you Gareth and Mark

Edited by HJCcustoms

[quote name='HJCcustoms' post='1224409' date='May 8 2011, 07:32 PM']I like to change my Avatar pic to represent what I am working on at the time(usually builds only) not repairs and mods, those are relatively less photogenic...LOL[/quote]
Please don't restrict yourself to a 'teaser' pic - we like a build thread around here :) Same goes for some of the repairs, especially if they're out of the ordinary.

Welcome Abroad.

Pete.

I'll try to avoid that Pete, but as with other sites, I try to be a participant, and not one of these guys who come on and start right off using the site as advertisement...LOL I see it on many sites, and I don't want to be one of those types. The next full build thread I do, I will be sure to include pics here also. Ian(scojack) Alan (ACG) and Simo(Simnette) pointed this site out to me, so I wanted to just try to be respectful of the many great guys doing very cool work on this site, and not be a build bomber...LOL besides, I don't build too often, so it won't be too prevolent...LOL and thanks for the greet.