Why become a member? ×

Beyond excited

mike257

Had to post because I'm bubbling over with excitement.

I left my band of two years before Christmas under a bit of a cloud - disappointed with a lack of action and an excess of attitude - and ended up out of touch with a bunch of guys that I'd worked with for a long time (5+ years!).

After never having had the confidence to do it in all my years of playing, I went off and started my own band with the noisy rock tunes I'd been writing and got lucky enough to have my first choice musicians get involved. After 12 years in bands always playing someone else's tunes, it's so exciting to be doing something so personal. We've booked our debut gig today and I'm literally buzzing with excitement, I can feel my heart pounding.

Guess I just wanted to throw something up here since there's often so many posts about people being disheartened with bands/music/bass playing and it's a shame to see good players (and good people) be let down doing what they love. We all love playing here on BC, I think we should all just go for it head on and make what we can of it. I can't wait!!!

</overexcitedfeelgoodpost>

Aye, go for it.

My drummer and I have never played in an originals band before so decided to join one. Get the chance to write out own parts.

Its really exciting knowing that what you record is entirely your own work. I've never thought about it before as I've always been good at rewriting the parts for existing songs