Why become a member? ×

What goes well with Marshall mbc cabs???

hay guy i want to know What goes well with Marshall mbc cabs??? because as much as i love my Marshall MB450H i really want to try other amp heads that are lighter and just as good as the marshall mb head, even valve amp i been thinking about getting
BUT i need to get an amp head that goes down to 2ohm!!

PLEASE HELLP and am open for a trade as well

matches and petrol. if the head has to go down to 2ohms then your choice is limited to a few heads i used to use the mbc 410 with a peavey max450 and it didnt sound that bad when the cab worked that is.the peavey max head could run at 2ohms all day without any problems

That will be a difficult one - not too many amp heads that I know of at 2 ohms.

Having had the MB 450H, with the MB410 cab (and MB115), it could be worth a change of cabs, to a better/more efficient cab. I went from the MB410 to a Marshall VBC412, and the difference was quite amazing. The VBC on its own out-performed the MB410 and MB115. Used to have the amp on 4/5 with the two cabs, with the VBC, amp was on 3. And the sound was much fuller as well as louder.

I think you`d notice far more results with a change of cab than amp, plus, it will be easier too, due to the 2 ohm thing. Get a lighter cab, to reduce the weight issues there, with high db sensitivity, and that MB450 really shines.

[quote name='rafael_bassplayer' post='1221571' date='May 5 2011, 08:08 PM']hay guy i want to know What goes well with Marshall mbc cabs??? because as much as i love my Marshall MB450H i really want to try other amp heads that are lighter and just as good as the marshall mb head, even valve amp i been thinking about getting
BUT i need to get an amp head that goes down to 2ohm!!

PLEASE HELLP and am open for a trade as well[/quote]
Trace Elliot V6 can be used with either a 4 Ohm or 2 Ohm load.

You can see the switch in the bottom right!

By [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/blocriffnut"]blocriffnut[/url] at 2011-04-15

By [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/blocriffnut"]blocriffnut[/url] at 2011-04-15

A lovely warm valve amp.