Why become a member? ×

18V power, is this legit?

goblin

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIAGO-POWERSTATION-18-VOLT-POWER-CONNECTION-LEAD-/150564741506?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item230e5ba182#ht_2538wt_908"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIAGO-POWERSTATION-1...2#ht_2538wt_908[/url]

I want to daisy chain my Trace SMX compressor off my other pedals, which are 9V, and the Trace is 18. Instead of paying silly money for a brick (poor student) I spotted one of these. Has anyone come across them before? Don't want to waste £16.

[quote name='aldude ' post='1218570' date='May 3 2011, 01:37 PM']Nice. Anyone know of something similar that will power 12V? Those pesky Markbass pedals....[/quote]
my old compressore worked on a Diago based 9V daisy-chain o.k.

but i hear that the super-synth and the dostortore need 12V.. :)

I can't vouch for the rest of the MB range but the Super Synth is a nightmare. I'd suggest keeping it on it's own power supply. I now use a gigrig generator and modular power system. It's pretty badass, but even the 12v system on that failed the Super Synth after 5 minutes as the drain of the pedal is a massive 550mah!!? The guys at gigrig solved it but it took a custom adapter built for it.

My advice... Stick with it's own supply

Shep

[quote name='Higgie' post='1218184' date='May 2 2011, 11:29 PM']Yup - Had one myself. It isolates that one output of the Daisy Chain and then doubles the voltage to give you an 18v supply for just one pedal. Great little unit.[/quote]

Thanks for the information Higgie! - I'd never thought about 'DC Pump' before and usually stuck with separate PSU's. That'll lighten the rack unit a bit!

[quote name='dood' post='1219284' date='May 3 2011, 10:26 PM']Thanks for the information Higgie! - I'd never thought about 'DC Pump' before and usually stuck with separate PSU's. That'll lighten the rack unit a bit![/quote]

No problem Dood!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1219273' date='May 3 2011, 10:17 PM']I can't vouch for the rest of the MB range but the Super Synth is a nightmare. I'd suggest keeping it on it's own power supply. I now use a gigrig generator and modular power system. It's pretty badass, but even the 12v system on that failed the Super Synth after 5 minutes as the drain of the pedal is a massive 550mah!!? The guys at gigrig solved it but it took a custom adapter built for it.

My advice... Stick with it's own supply

Shep[/quote]

I have a Compressore and Super Synth. I run both of them from a single Markbass supplied PSU - these are rated at 1.5A, whereas I think both pedals are rated at about 0.5A or thereabouts - no idea why the Super Synth should draw so much current though. I also have a 9/18V supply for other pedals, it would be nice to run the MB pedals off that one too!

[quote name='aldude' post='1219827' date='May 4 2011, 01:22 PM']I have a Compressore and Super Synth. I run both of them from a single Markbass supplied PSU - these are rated at 1.5A, whereas I think both pedals are rated at about 0.5A or thereabouts - no idea why the Super Synth should draw so much current though. I also have a 9/18V supply for other pedals, it would be nice to run the MB pedals off that one too![/quote]
Not surprised by this - my Digitech Bass Synth Wah took a stonking 300mA, and that seems to be fairly typical of 'digital' or 'modelling' effects pedals. No good on batteries, and a big drain on a 9V PSU if you have other pedals in the chain.

HTH,
Ian