Why become a member? ×

Is this for real? Overpriced Pre EB content

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Music-Man-Stingray-1976-Original-4String-Pre-Ernie-Ball-/200603108237?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item2eb4e0838d"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Music-Man-Stingray-1...=item2eb4e0838d[/url]

Not many bids yet!? :) No evidence of date stamps in the listing, No teardrop case etc etc Even a vintage dealer with pro photos showing all the pot dates neck and body stamp etc would struggle to get £2'500 IMO so £8'201?

Edited by stingrayPete1977

Radio knobs as they call them came and went for a while so that's not a deal breaker but the headstock logo and serial number place it much later as does the Cheney case rather than a teardrop one. Lazy adverts for overpriced gear sucks, At least if it had photos of everything including the date stamps and preamp etc it would be clearer although that would give the game away!

He has messaged me back and after taking it apart it has a date stamp of Oct 24th 1978! I was close :) he says he is annoyed with his mate now and has pulled the listing but if I'm interested he can email me some pics of the areas I asked for (the extra deep pup route slots that a 76 has that he says it hasn't got) and obviously the price will be very different now but didn't give me one. Maybe not such a rip off merchant as such but £8'200 was still a lot to ask even if it had been right.

My mint 76' and mint 77' in rootbeer continues.......

[quote name='bigthumb' post='1216301' date='May 1 2011, 07:41 AM']Its suddenly changed to a fancy black 5 stringer. Looks very nice too but still expensive.[/quote]

Thank goodness you posted this. As I read the posts I was beginning to think that I was seeing a 5 string Ray that couldn't possibly be there. The seller is either up to something or has made a genuine mistake. I think the 5 string was introduced in 1987.