Why become a member? ×

Portable bass amps for gigs

DazBoot88

Hi people, i'm in need of an inexpensive portable bass amp that will be good enough for gigging. I'm looking to spend roughly between £200-£300 and would preferably be after something that will give a nice warm sound. Any help would be much appreciated and if this post has been done before then i apologise.

Cheers

If you're after a combo I recommend the Ashdown EB line. They're 180 watts, which is loud enough for most gigs, they're light, have a built in compressor and come with 12" or 15" speakers. Mine has been very reliable and keeps up with even noisy drummers. You'll find them new for well under £300 which is great value for money.

Here's a review [url="http://www.guitarmagazine.co.uk/reviews.php?r=0da0f21d-1d7b-11e0-935e-002215530376"]http://www.guitarmagazine.co.uk/reviews.ph...5e-002215530376[/url]

Edited by gjones

Im in this boat too. Really want a combo so I dont have to lug the DOOM that is my 1350w SVT rig around to tiny pubs!

Was looking at the TE Commandos... they seem to be perfect for what I need. Looking to spend £120ish secondhand, any recommendations would be entertained! Im an Ampeg chap at heart but had TE stuff before and loved it if that helps people dig what sound im looking for.

Edited by Stag

Ive heard a great many good things about them but not sure I could stretch to the cost... expect the 15in version would be about £200ish second hand... and I dont remember seeing one on here secondhand (must be cos they're good! lol)