Why become a member? ×

Who is playing Glastonbury then?

seymourfluid

I was there at some point. I remember a naked silver guy dancing about, flying through some hills when the sky and my little bi-plane was crimson and then some exploding bins before waking up with a big banner over my head that said "The Jesus Centre" near the silent disco.

The naked silver guy was actually real..as was the Jesus Centre. :)

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

I played there in 2007. I never want to go again. I was so dismayed I wrote a blog about it

Mudstonbury

So, Glastonbury. A friend said "I'd rather go to the dentist". How we laughed. He was right.

Played a couple of gigs there with Gruff on Saturday and Sunday night. The gigs went very well indeed. No complaints about those. Sound was good, crew were good. It ends there.

The conditions were just appalling. 180,000 people in 900 acres of 6" mud. Constant rain. It took us 2 hours of plodding/slipping/(just about) not falling to get off site and a taxi to the hotel (Camping? What do you think?) after the Saturday night gig. OK we did plunge through the thick bit of the crowd in front of the main stage, which on reflection we should not have done (sorry Nath) but really it was just a miserable experience. Someone else suggested that beer goggles would have made it better. I think a helicopter or Landrover with a blue light on top would have been the only thing that would have made it better.

We played to about 2500 on Sunday night at midnight. We were under cover but it was tipping it down and still they came. Madness.

The food? Had a really nice steak in a pub in Wells for Sunday lunch, slightly rare, but with a double helping of pepper sauce so that was OK. Had a Danish pastry thing in Starbucks that was nice but would have been nicer without cinnamon. Had a Burger King on the way down. I am ashamed and feel dirty, but we had to eat. I was actually secretly looking forward to it as we queued, but it was deeply underwhelming. Nice tinned grapefruit for breakfast at the hotel. I always enjoy scooping all the juice from the bowl into a glass (when no one is looking obviously) and then drinking it.

Famous people? We spent some time with Corrine Bailey-Rae......
in a traffic jam waiting to get on site. Difficult to know what to say to famous people that would not be really tedious for them and ultimately not deep and meaningful for you. So I said nothing. On reflection I should have said "I really like the rhythm section work on your album". Maybe next time huh? If it had been sunny it would have been just fabulous. It wasn't and it wasn't.

The playing was good. Mustn't grumble.