Why become a member? ×

Tonight's gig... Yowza!

wateroftyne

Hi all

We soundchecked last night for a gig we're doing at Newcastle City Hall tonight. There a couple of bands on, and other stuff including a reunion of (most) of the cast of 'Auf Wiedersehen, Pet', who are going to be performing some new sketches by the original writers. It's basically a bi-annual get-together of the Geordie Mafia. AC/DC's Brian Johnson usually does it ([url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_rKEW6KrWxI"]see here[/url] for his last appearance!) but he can't make it this year. Awwww.

The PA is completely awesome. I'm using my maple '72 Precsion, DI'd straight to the front of house. My Warwick Tubepath and Schroeder 21012L are up on stage with me. The whole thing is being recorded for a DVD, too.

Should be fun.. I'll report back tomorrow!

Edited by wateroftyne

Cheers folks!

Just got in... two sold out shows - a matinee and an evening gig, 1800-ish people in each... FAB atmosphere.

Everything went just swimmingly, and we seemed to go down OK.

The sound was slightly flaky at the matinee, (the monitor levels were all over the shop) but it came together perfectly for the evening show. I'm kackered... bed-time!

Here's a photo from the matinee:

Hey MB, I'm just down the road if you need a dep for those intimate little gigs... you can screw the ones where it's a 16 hour round trip for 3 pints of scrumpy and a veggie burger but The City Hall I can just about manage :)

Looks mega, congratulations to you and the other guys and gals you deserve a few nice gigs for the work you put in!

• 2 weeks later...