Why become a member? ×

Did John Entwistle Ever Play a Dean?

merello

[quote name='garethox' post='1196993' date='Apr 12 2011, 04:27 PM']Well they aren't happy judging by certain comments, but seeing as though John's Alembic had a Gibson shaped body - they can't really say anything.
Other than the cobwebs and the note inlay markers, there is little else to set John's Exploiter apart and they were probably John's design mods anyway...[/quote]

They're only making 25 of the Alembic copies and there'll be enough US fans to snap those up. I grew up loving the guy and his playing, still think he's absolutely awesome but I would feel like I was insulting him by buying one. Personally I find the red cheapens the whole look.

Didn't he use Jazz basses early on (My Generation is on a Jazz) before Precisions.

Rick here: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqtzI0zLVu0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqtzI0zLVu0...feature=related[/url]

Didn't he use Burns as well? Seems he tried to avoid Fender very early on with Danelectro getting a go too.

[quote name='4 Strings' post='1198877' date='Apr 13 2011, 11:01 PM']Didn't he use Jazz basses early on (My Generation is on a Jazz) before Precisions.[/quote]

His first 'proper' bass was a Fender P, he sold it after Daltrey insisted it was responsible for blowing up PA speakers. It seems he dabbled with quite a few different basses around '64/'65, including the Dano and the Jazz, but seemed to settle on a P bass, in particular the slab bodied monster, and used a variation on it up until Who's Next, when he switched to Thunderbirds.